Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Best K member for clearance?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 06:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best K member for clearance?

Ok, here it goes, I have a GT4202 Turbo with a T6 frame I am installing on my 95. It has a 5" down pipe and I needed to figure out what K member would fit it? I plan on routing it on the drivers side. I am currently looking at the UMI Road Race and the BMR turbo, also what mounts would I need installed if I wanted a BMR? So, any help on how large of pipes people have fitted before? Pictures, are good too. I am also open to doing a split to 3.5" or even a split 3.5" oval. So, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

most likely the BMR turbo kmember, check out their pictures and decide which one will work for you bests.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:43 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not trying to hijack but this is along the same lines, I just looked at the turbo K members and they have one with motor mounts and one without. On the one without motormounts how do you mount the motor to the k member? Am I missing something?
Old 12-17-2010, 08:26 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tording99Z28
Not trying to hijack but this is along the same lines, I just looked at the turbo K members and they have one with motor mounts and one without. On the one without motormounts how do you mount the motor to the k member? Am I missing something?
With out motor mounts would require motor plates.

The BMR Turbo K-member would have more clearance than ours. We do run turbo set ups with our K-member but I can't guarantee yours would clear.

I hope that helps,
Ryan
Old 12-17-2010, 08:30 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
With out motor mounts would require motor plates.

The BMR Turbo K-member would have more clearance than ours. We do run turbo set ups with our K-member but I can't guarantee yours would clear.

I hope that helps,
Ryan
Yes Ryan that does help, thanks. I forgot about guys running motor plates. Thanks again.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:51 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I went with the BMR turbo model, Ryan, I also appreciate your candor, as I do have a lot of your guys suspension components already, I would have loved to go with yours as i love your products, but i need that 5". Thank you again.

Quick Reply: Best K member for clearance?