Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Looking for feedback on Incon TT system on LS1

Old 12-19-2010, 01:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Looking for feedback on Incon TT system on LS1

Hi all,

I am looking at buying a LS1 powered car which has a Incon twin turbo system that was installed several years ago. As you know Incon has been out of business for many years. The car has less than 20K miles and is mainly stock aside from a beefed up trans, heavy duty clutch, LS6 intake and upgraded push rods.

I would use the car just as a weekend toy with no quarter mile racing. Car put down just under 500 RWHP and 500 torque.

Anything to be worried about in terms of reliability?
Old 12-19-2010, 02:10 PM
Coal Mining Director

Incon kit is very solid if installed correctly. I ran one for 2 years with zero problems.

You are in the turbo center of the world in Schaumburg. I would take the car to Speed Inc and spend a few bills to let them inspect it before I bought it if you have little turbo experience....couple of pulls on their dyno and an inspection by THE CREW would be very valuable.
Old 12-19-2010, 04:15 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately the car is 1,200 miles away so can't have them inspect prior to purchase. I know Tom, Larry and the crew at Speed Inc. Great bunch of guys.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:58 AM
Staging Lane

I've only had my Incon kit on my car for a few months. The biggest issue with them is keeping the passsenger side turbo from holding/leaking oil since it sets below the oil pan. Other than that, I've had no trouble with mine. All it took to fix it was a McMaster Check Valve, and keying the accessories on after shutdown so that the pump would run and pull the oil out of the drain line. A turbo-timer would keep that from needing done also. Unfortunately, I have to sell the kit now so I can keep the car as my wife is pregnant. Worth the trade though.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:32 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was about to say I had a friend of mine who had lots of problems with his Incon kit. The passenger side turbo kept going out on him. Those turbos are not cheap to rebuild either. I rode with him one time and that bitch spools QUICK! His car put down like 744/796. The torque is insane.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm down to just getting the last couple of bits/pieces then I'll put mine together. Anxious to see what I get out of it.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by P.Henry
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately the car is 1,200 miles away so can't have them inspect prior to purchase. I know Tom, Larry and the crew at Speed Inc. Great bunch of guys.
I'm considering the same car and 1300 miles away

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking for feedback on Incon TT system on LS1