ARP Head Studs

Comtec gasket

Turbo GT45

how boost can I get in that parts ??

and how much horse power can I get??

Old 01-02-2011, 02:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All your questions can be answered with some quick searching. The generally accepted "safe limit" on a stock lower end LS1 is around 550whp. Some say more, some say less. Personally, I wouldn't run more than 10psi on that setup and I'd be sure to have a good intercooler and I'd run meth/water with it as well.
Old 01-02-2011, 03:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Any reason in not going to a 2barSD setup and ditching the MAF?
Old 01-02-2011, 04:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MUSTANGBRKR02
Any reason in not going to a 2barSD setup and ditching the MAF?

my MAF is 3bar I think its GMC 6.0 MAF

about the fuel pump

what fuel pump should I use??
Old 01-02-2011, 07:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by HydroStream6
All your questions can be answered with some quick searching. The generally accepted "safe limit" on a stock lower end LS1 is around 550whp. Some say more, some say less. Personally, I wouldn't run more than 10psi on that setup and I'd be sure to have a good intercooler and I'd run meth/water with it as well.
Agreed.^^^

As far as the fuel pump, on the stock motor with 10 psi or less a single walbro with hotwire kit will do you fine.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry man, from what I see in the pics, you will need some work to run more then 10psi. You need a 3 Bar MAP sensor, not a 6.0L MAF sensor. You are going to end up doing away with the MAF sensor and running a SD tune. Your fuel rails are stock so I would expect the fuel system is stock from front to rear. I would bet you will need larger injectors to run 10psi. Not to mention the stock pistons are not forged, and the compresion is 10.25:1 or so.

You have some work left to do to be able to run 10psi on it the right way, but with what you have 10 psi is going to be about it for the time being.

Is this an auto or M6? Does it have the factory rear end in it? Factory drive shaft?
Old 01-02-2011, 08:18 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Texas_WS6
Sorry man, from what I see in the pics, you will need some work to run more then 10psi. You need a 3 Bar MAP sensor, not a 6.0L MAF sensor. You are going to end up doing away with the MAF sensor and running a SD tune. Your fuel rails are stock so I would expect the fuel system is stock from front to rear. I would bet you will need larger injectors to run 10psi. Not to mention the stock pistons are not forged, and the compresion is 10.25:1 or so.

You have some work left to do to be able to run 10psi on it the right way, but with what you have 10 psi is going to be about it for the time being.

Is this an auto or M6? Does it have the factory rear end in it? Factory drive shaft?

this is old pics

ok i will buy MAP sensor and I have 60lb injectors

my car is M6 speed
Old 01-03-2011, 08:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you have some one close to you that can tune it for you or do you have your own tuning software? It will need to be tuned after you finish the changes. If you have not upgraded the fuel pump you are going to have to do that too, as well as the fuel rails, and you really need to go to a boost referenced fuel pressure regulator too.

With 10 psi I would expect for you to see 550-600rwhp. If your trans is stock with a stock clutch, you should expect it to give up soon, as well as the drive shaft and the stock 10 bolt rear ends are complete crap. Make sure you have ARP wheel studs on the rear end or else your car could end up like mine.

Good luck man.

Quick Reply: Camaro LS1 turbo >> question