Procharger pulley = ? boost - LS1TECH

Log In 


Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Procharger pulley = ? boost

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-27-2011, 03:29 PM   #1
TECH Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
02SOMLS1WS6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Zanesfield, OH
Posts: 589
Default Procharger pulley = ? boost

I know it is complicated to figure out but I would like to know how much boost you guys think this will make. I have Kooks long tubes 1 7/8", EPS cam 226/234 .598/.612 114LSA, stock heads, stock intake, and corsa catback.

Its a D1SC 8 rib, procharger spec'ed a 4.38" blower pulley. I requested to between 8-9psi range.

What do you guys think will I be close. Some delays in the dyno session it wont hit the rollers until Tuesday now. The tuner thinks it might be a bit large I guess we will find out for sure soon. Interested in your opinions.
02SOMLS1WS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 05:32 PM   #2
Customizing Director
iTrader: (12)
 
MadIceV8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: SW Chicago, IL
Posts: 5,779
Default

That blower pulley may be too big. I would look at a 4 - 3.85" size. Edit, I was assuming a 7.25 crank.

Last edited by MadIceV8; 05-27-2011 at 09:12 PM.
MadIceV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 06:52 PM   #3
TECH Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
02SOMLS1WS6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Zanesfield, OH
Posts: 589
Default

That sucks, I hope procharger did their math right. I don't have a lot of time before the build needs completed. I plan on meeting some friends on power tour.

Anyone else have an opinion or experiance with a similar set up?
02SOMLS1WS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:04 PM   #4
11 Second Club
iTrader: (1)
 
stngtamr29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mooresville NC
Posts: 293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02SOMLS1WS6 View Post
I know it is complicated to figure out but I would like to know how much boost you guys think this will make. I have Kooks long tubes 1 7/8", EPS cam 226/234 .598/.612 114LSA, stock heads, stock intake, and corsa catback.

Its a D1SC 8 rib, procharger spec'ed a 4.38" blower pulley. I requested to between 8-9psi range.

What do you guys think will I be close. Some delays in the dyno session it wont hit the rollers until Tuesday now. The tuner thinks it might be a bit large I guess we will find out for sure soon. Interested in your opinions.
On my old setup I had the same headers, about the same cam, stock 241 heads, Fast 90 intake, same head unit with a 4.25 pulley and made 13lbs Thanks jeff
stngtamr29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:13 PM   #5
Customizing Director
iTrader: (12)
 
MadIceV8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: SW Chicago, IL
Posts: 5,779
Default

You guys should mention your crank pulley size as well.
MadIceV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:15 PM   #6
11 Second Club
iTrader: (1)
 
stngtamr29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mooresville NC
Posts: 293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadIceV8 View Post
You guys should mention your crank pulley size as well.
Your right mines 7.65 thanks jeff
stngtamr29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:22 PM   #7
TECH Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
02SOMLS1WS6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Zanesfield, OH
Posts: 589
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadIceV8 View Post
You guys should mention your crank pulley size as well.
I have the 7.65 crank pulley.
02SOMLS1WS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:26 PM   #8
TECH Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
02SOMLS1WS6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Zanesfield, OH
Posts: 589
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stngtamr29 View Post
On my old setup I had the same headers, about the same cam, stock 241 heads, Fast 90 intake, same head unit with a 4.25 pulley and made 13lbs Thanks jeff
Well my pulley is larger so it will spin the head unit slower. Your pulley was the next size smaller compared to mine. I hope that gets it down to about 9psi, I dont want my stock engine to RIP to quickly. I am assuming yours didn't like the 13psi so well so it is now dead!
02SOMLS1WS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:27 PM   #9
11 Second Club
iTrader: (1)
 
stngtamr29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mooresville NC
Posts: 293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02SOMLS1WS6 View Post
I have the 7.65 crank pulley.
When I ordered mine it was supposed to be only 7lbs and that was going to be all the power I ever wanted. lol
stngtamr29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:31 PM   #10
11 Second Club
iTrader: (1)
 
stngtamr29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mooresville NC
Posts: 293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02SOMLS1WS6 View Post
Well my pulley is larger so it will spin the head unit slower. Your pulley was the next size smaller compared to mine. I hope that gets it down to about 9psi, I dont want my stock engine to RIP to quickly. I am assuming yours didn't like the 13psi so well so it is now dead!
Well not really I ended up putting it on 15lbs and my tranny would not shift into 2nd at Zmax and it lifted the head but it ran on 13lbs forever
stngtamr29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:30 PM   #11
UNDER PRESSURE MOD
iTrader: (19)
 
The Alchemist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Buckingham PA
Posts: 10,501
Default

If you are worried about it making too much boost, can you simply lower your rev limiter to say 6000rpm to keep the boost pressure down? Most of the procharged dyno's I've seen only rev to 6400-6500rpm where the NA heads/cam guys go to 7000 rpm.
The Alchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
which pulley should i get? for F1Procharger lbm13186 Forced Induction 9 07-27-2015 03:47 PM
8 Rib Procharger Pulley and Crank Pulley **PRICE DROP lbm13186 Parts Classifieds 7 04-17-2015 06:59 AM
~Procharger budget build~ sweet99ss Forced Induction 100 12-15-2014 09:49 AM
what pulleys for 8 psi procharger? jattgunman Forced Induction 7 11-07-2010 01:52 PM
Average Procharger boost with 4.5 pulley? RBCUDA Forced Induction 7 08-05-2007 07:00 PM


Tags
15lbs, 425, 438, boost, changing, charger, d1sc, guide, make, pro, procharger, pulley, pulleys, rib, sale, size

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:20 PM.