Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

LT1 Turbo Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 08:23 AM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Default LT1 Turbo Help

For those that don't know me and my setup, Was supercharged and went turbo, so yes I have all of the supporting mods, fuel pump, lines injectors ect. The entire motor and all parts are brand new, (had to start over) the turbo is a front mount 76 mm with a 50mm waste, 50mm blow out. OK here is the problem, I drove the car for the first time, when I accelerate slowly it runs good but when I try to get into a little boost, it like hits a wall and just stumbles really bad, No boost what so ever, Fuel is good at that point so I am not really sure where to start looking, Thanks
Old 08-18-2011, 07:30 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Moe! I'm guessing your tune is good, and your setup hasn't changed a lot besides where the boost comes from. Plugs gapped around .25-.30"? Car drives fine under vacuum? 1:1 boost referenced regulator, 40ish psi base fuel pressure, and no huge boost leaks? (I had a coupler blow off but it looked like it was on until I grabbed it and gave it a tug, was after the MAF). I know you know what you're doing, just bouncing ideas off ya, I always overlook the little ****.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:49 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by green95vert
Hey Moe! I'm guessing your tune is good, and your setup hasn't changed a lot besides where the boost comes from. Plugs gapped around .25-.30"? Car drives fine under vacuum? 1:1 boost referenced regulator, 40ish psi base fuel pressure, and no huge boost leaks? (I had a coupler blow off but it looked like it was on until I grabbed it and gave it a tug, was after the MAF). I know you know what you're doing, just bouncing ideas off ya, I always overlook the little ****.
Thanks for the reply, In my haste thrashing to complete the car, I removed the tube from the piping so I could run it NA, I installed an NA tune and the car ran great, I started looking at my turbo tune and realized with the 95lb injectors I was dumping way too much fuel down low, I started pulling fuel out and it started running better and actually now was trying to get a little boost, It got late so I quit last night but will continue today after work, I think with some more tuning it will be fine..
Old 08-19-2011, 08:24 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by moehorsepower
Thanks for the reply, In my haste thrashing to complete the car, I removed the tube from the piping so I could run it NA, I installed an NA tune and the car ran great, I started looking at my turbo tune and realized with the 95lb injectors I was dumping way too much fuel down low, I started pulling fuel out and it started running better and actually now was trying to get a little boost, It got late so I quit last night but will continue today after work, I think with some more tuning it will be fine..

Good deal, no problem.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:32 PM
TECH Veteran

fix it yet
Old 08-23-2011, 06:59 AM
TECH Addict

Pulled out some more fuel down low and this time it hit 5lbs and blew the tires off! so its getting there..But man it was like on and off, like hitting a nitrous button..
Old 08-23-2011, 11:01 AM
TECH Veteran

lol, must be a issue still with only 5lbs
Old 08-24-2011, 08:25 AM
On The Tree

I had that same problem with my impala. I was also dumping too much fuel. Car runs good after taking alot of fuel out.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:41 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by GM PHASST
I had that same problem with my impala. I was also dumping too much fuel. Car runs good after taking alot of fuel out.
Yea when I had the supercharger and 75lb injectors, I was commanding around 20+ % fuel but with the 95lb I had to go in the negative so far..but the tip in really cleared up..

Quick Reply: LT1 Turbo Help