Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Maggie+Meth?

Old 03-23-2012, 03:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Maggie+Meth?

Ive got an 02 ls1 in an 88 gta, ive got an mp112 radix magnacharger laying around waiting to install, i changed the pulley from 3.4 to a 2.9".

I was wondering about installing methonal injection with it. Im not to firmilar with methonal injection, so i was wondering if you use a 50/50 mix how long it lasts before you have to put more in.

How much more aggresive can you go with boost if you are running this?

this will lower the IAT temp, which is generally high when using a maggie right?

what kind of power increase can be seen?

will the mixture harm the rotors of the magnacharger?

anymore general info you have about it would also be great, Thanks!
Old 03-24-2012, 03:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

no one?
Old 03-24-2012, 09:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This has come up a little more frequently on here recently. I'd tell you to search a little but I know the search feature on here blows.

The meth will strip the coating on the rotors which will cause a slight loss in boost. But that can easily be compensated for with a smaller pulley or a larger crank pulley.

I cant say for sure how much it will lower IAT's. You'll just have to play with it and see. The same goes for how much power you will pick up and how much timing you can add.

Most people running the tvs units seem to see around 100 extra hp/tq. Since the maggie is a little smaller and not quite as efficient I would assume at least 50-80 extra hp.

I would start with a 50/50 mix and go from there and see what you like. A lot of people say to run straight meth. I dont know if that would be quite as necessary for a street car though? Someone else will have to chime in on that part.

I would say the meth would last a fair amount of time. I dont think you would run out that frequently but again that is all going to depend on how much you like to play with the boost.

Regardless, I believe the positives far outshine the negatives when it comes to running meth on a maggie. You might snoop through some of the Cobra forums to see what experiences they have had running meth on their cars.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i see 450-460 on a bone stock ls1 with the mp112. ive upgraded the cam to a gt2-3 (FI cam), 90mm tb, long tube headers, 60# injectors, 2.9" pulley, and a racetronix fuel pump. im hoping for around 500 to the tires.

i see speartech did the same thing and were runnning high 10's.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:08 AM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

10's? Wow! I'd love to see that. Do you have a link to the build or any details?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Maggie+Meth?