Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

would you buy this boost controller

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 02:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default would you buy this boost controller

here is the boost controller im thinking of buying its not the nicest but it seems to have all the functions and is only $238 shipped brand new

$238.99

GFB G-FORCE Electronic Boost Controller
[gfb3003]

Go Fast Bits introduces one of the most comprehensive electronic boost control systems on the market with the release of their G-FORCE electronic boost controller. The G-FORCE electronic boost controller integrates split second boost response and reaction with features and fail-safe systems found on boost control systems costing hundreds more. With versatile high end features like scramble boost (with included remote switching system), Spike-Stop boost protection, six boost pre-set capability( and many others) you can’t go wrong with the G-FORCE system. The Go Fast Bits G-FORCE has the ability to accurately control in excess of 50psi, 30% higher than that of comparable systems on the market! Your street or track car will never outgrow the G-FORCE making it the stand alone boost control system you will ever have to buy. Go Fast Bits includes all necessary hardware, wiring and mounting accommodations to make integrate the G-FORCE electronic boost controller seamlessly into any cabin with attractive and effective results.

Features & Specs:
-High Boost Capability: controls boost up to 50psi (3.5bar)
-Open or Closed Loop Operation: prevents boost variations that can occur in different gears,RPMranges and atmospheric conditions
-6 Inidvidual Boost Pre-Sets: program a different boost pressure and rise rate for each gear, and select on-the-fly
-Scramble Boost Function with Included Aux Remote: program a timed boost increase when needed, remote button activatated!
-Spike-Stop Feature: helps tame boost spiking on turbocharger systems prone to spiking
-Real-Time Boost Gauge: display real-time boost in PSI, KpA or Bar
-Overboost Warning System: user adjustable warning to indicate if the boost pressure is too high.

FREE SHIPPING!!!
Attached Thumbnails would you buy this boost controller-3003.jpg  
Old 03-31-2012, 05:39 PM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

Well on paper it sounds good.

But do you need 6 boost settings ? Do you need to have the ability to use 50psi, do you need boost per gear if it can actually do it ? ( Ive seen other units claim this when they cannot actually do it )

But certainly doesnt sound like bad value at all if it works.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:30 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

GFB is a great company. They make quality parts. I know a few of my friends running their stuff on their STi's and EVO's with out any issues.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
Well on paper it sounds good.

But do you need 6 boost settings ? Do you need to have the ability to use 50psi, do you need boost per gear if it can actually do it ? ( Ive seen other units claim this when they cannot actually do it )

But certainly doesnt sound like bad value at all if it works.
i actually want this one because you can time the boost level so i dont launch on full boost and no one needs 6 boost settings.

i just dont want to waiste my money on anything im eventually going to upgrade later.

but i will tell you how good its works i just ordered it today.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:42 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I just upgraded my AMS500 to the AMS1000, granted its more expensive to me it was worth it. Like I stated earlier GFB is good stuff. Easy to use and setup. You'll like it.
Old 04-01-2012, 01:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pretty sweet, even if you don't need all the goodies just don't use them, still a really good price.

Quick Reply: would you buy this boost controller