Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Procharged Stock Shortblock LS6

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 02:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Procharged Stock Shortblock LS6

Finally took my Z to the dyno tonight for a few pulls then a street tune afterwards. Car made around 680 on the second pull (1st pull had air in the meth line) so we decided to let the car cool off for a while, throw a bag of ice on the intake and cool it off too, then take the hat off the blower just to see what it would do. Bumped up the timing to 22* (for just a single pull) and let it rip for the last pass.

Pretty impressed when I saw the dyno chart afterwards

Had to tape it on my phone. It's a 1080p video, but a little blurry at the end. Last pull is the middle one.

Setup:
2001 C5 Z06
113k mile stock shortblock
Trickflow heads w/LS9 gaskets
F13 cam
D1SC Procharger @ 10-11psi
93 octane w/ SNOW Stage II Meth kit
Custom Dyno Tune from V8muscle.net
Old 04-16-2012, 02:38 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Be careful with that much timing on a stock shortblock, but I know you said it was a one time only pull. How much timing are you normally running on the street.

Great numbers by the way.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

16* max
Old 04-17-2012, 06:14 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Very nice numbers! Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 04-17-2012, 10:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks Bob, and a special thanks for all of your advice in the past on my current and previous setups.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah your TA was Awesome and this one is too. I am surprised that 22* was even fathomed. Although I have no room to talk. I have always wondered if we can actually justify the numbers we post with the air hat off since we will never run it like that most likely. that thing is a huge restriction and I am constantly considering trying to make one out of 5ply silicone with a T-bolt and wondering what kind of filter I can put on the front of it that wont get sucked in. so far none have come to mind. you have one badass light car. that thing should be in the 9's somewhere trappin some 140mph. good luck with the shortblock. are you running a lnc 003 two step?
Old 04-17-2012, 04:26 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by I8UR4RD
yeah your TA was Awesome and this one is too. I am surprised that 22* was even fathomed. Although I have no room to talk. I have always wondered if we can actually justify the numbers we post with the air hat off since we will never run it like that most likely. that thing is a huge restriction and I am constantly considering trying to make one out of 5ply silicone with a T-bolt and wondering what kind of filter I can put on the front of it that wont get sucked in. so far none have come to mind. you have one badass light car. that thing should be in the 9's somewhere trappin some 140mph. good luck with the shortblock. are you running a lnc 003 two step?
From what KP say with his T/A with his hundred of passes at the track, the inlet hat isn't the real problem, it is the filter. KP went with a larger filter and made a scoop under it to direct airflow into the filter, he said he could tell this combination helped in his mph. This might be one of those cases where the dyno numbers will differ from the track results, hard to say. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 04-18-2012, 01:04 AM
On The Tree

Awesome numbers...torque seems low for the mods...too much timing probably?

Where was MBT
Old 04-18-2012, 06:04 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SERB Z06
Awesome numbers...torque seems low for the mods...too much timing probably?

Where was MBT
I always thought Prochargers made more hp than torque due to hitting max psi at max rpm so it carries the torque up through the rpm band instead of dropping off after peak torque rpm. I'm sure if he posts a dyno graph, you'll see that it holds the peak torque number pretty far past that rpm, which leads to higher hp numbers than torque.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Tq is probably a little lower due to some small amount of detonation with that amount of timing. I wish I would have taken the hat off the blower for one of the pulls when it was on 16* to see how much it would have changed. I used to cruise around in my T/A with the hat off the blower a decent bit and always raced with it off. I choose days where weather was nearly perfect to take it out though.

I doubt the car will trap 140. It isn't setup for the track at all. No braces, springs, or two step. It just has new bilstein shocks all around for a more comfortable ride. It will more than likely never make any passes on that tune. The dyno is a little easier on the car than the track will be.

Quick Reply: Procharged Stock Shortblock LS6