Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

?s on Nitromethane with Methanol Injection

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 12:28 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ?s on Nitromethane with Methanol Injection

I have a Alky control meth kit. I run 100% methanol as of now. Just for a little back ground on my setup I have a 408 with twin 60s and put down 760rwhp with the .48AR housings on the remote mount setup. We are looking for more top end so I am upgrading to .63housings. Now my question comes to Nitromethane as and addition to my meth injection. I have been reading every thread on all the various makes and model forums trying to get the best info. I bought a bottle of Nitro Boost from Snow. I have also read of some using Blue Thunder and adding more meth to bring the ration of Nitromethane down to 5% adding 3 additional gallons of straight methanol.

Car will obviously be tuned to run this but my question falls to can I use it more as a saftety factor? IE not increasing the timing much over what the methanol was doing by itself. Any help is appreciated.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:57 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Only ****** run on nitromethane, ,,,,,, sorry i had to lol,we have not had a good f&f comment in awhile lol
Old 05-03-2012, 03:03 PM
10 Second Club

lmao, yeah but I am not running pure, just injected so only partial *****, ie I like to eat it lol
Old 05-03-2012, 03:25 PM
TECH Resident

Sorry, had to!

I have read good stuff about Blue Thunder. Not too much about adding meth to it though.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:30 PM
On The Tree

I've ran some nitro with meth in my dragster. Nitro is verry different. I wouldn't recommend it for safety factor. It's not safer on your motor! It makes big power! I mixed 9% by volume. So 91% meth 9% nitro. I was told later never mix by volume. Picked up 70hp on a 632ci big chief motor. Verry crosive stuff. Took me for ever to get it out of my fuel system. Ate the paint off my car where I splashed it. I wouldn't mess with it for what you are trying to do. The ratio to run it is. For every 3% nitro you must increase fuel volume by 16%.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:33 PM
10 Second Club

So it is not worth the risk you are saying. I doubt I need the extra power. If it doesn't help against knock and it is corrosive to fuel
System then maybe I should stand clear.

Quick Reply: ?s on Nitromethane with Methanol Injection