Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Looking for input on stock displacement ls1 m6? Anyone with a Huron Speed Turbo Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 07:06 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Looking for input on stock displacement ls1 m6? Anyone with a Huron Speed Turbo Kit?

I am wondering if anyone has installed a Huron Speed single turbo truck manifold kit and how they like it? I am looking for real world results, preferably track times but dyno numbers are ok too. I currently have a HCI t56 car that I am hoping to go 10s with this year but not sure that will happen with it being a full weight car.

I know I will have to change my cam for the turbo setup and that is fine. If I go turbo I am really wanting to run 10.20s. Anyone think this is possible? What do people think about the Huron Speed kit from what they have seen? I am not looking to spend $5k on a turbo kit, that's why I'm looking at the Huron kit that is fairly cheap, BUT I dont want a junk kit like you see on ebay. I have done a decent amount of researching the last few days and have learned quite a bit, just not much on this kit. I have talked to Jon at Huron speed and he seems like an awesome guy to deal with and was very helpful.

Also, this car is a street/strip car, seeing the strip once a week last year and gets driven several times a week. So, I REALLY don't want to delete my AC! Jon said hopefully they will be working on a kit to keep the AC within the next few months tho.

Any input or advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Brian
Old 05-01-2012, 08:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wanted to keep the price realistic on mine, and I still spent 8k$. It ain't cheap and it is best to do it right. Mine is a kytp pt7675 kit with ls6cam
Old 05-01-2012, 08:48 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

With our kits please keep one thing in mind. price does not reflect quality. our number 1 goal was to offer a great quality kit at a price most could afford. we feel we have done just that. im confident once some of our customers chime in, your decision will be made a whole lot easier. THANK YOU for the interest in our kit. i hope we can deal with you in the future.

-Casey

YOUR SOURCE FOR ALL THINGS TURBO!
CASEY@HURONSPEED.COM
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
TWITTER @HURONSPEED
Old 05-01-2012, 09:36 AM
10 Second Club

I haven't installed the kit yet, but it appears to be very nice quality. Welds look very nice and I'm definitely happy with the price I paid. I've had great customer support so far too.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:43 AM
10 Second Club

Normal truck manifold kits delete a/c. The outlet goes where the compressor is. Maybe you could weld vbands on or use truck/c6 manifolds, with a turbo kmember & run the dp on the driver side. Alternator needs moved too
Old 05-01-2012, 10:16 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by boss79z
I wanted to keep the price realistic on mine, and I still spent 8k$. It ain't cheap and it is best to do it right. Mine is a kytp pt7675 kit with ls6cam
Wow! Thanks a nice chunk of change man! No way I would spend that, I'll just keep my slow HCI setup.

Originally Posted by Huron Speed
With our kits please keep one thing in mind. price does not reflect quality. our number 1 goal was to offer a great quality kit at a price most could afford. we feel we have done just that. im confident once some of our customers chime in, your decision will be made a whole lot easier. THANK YOU for the interest in our kit. i hope we can deal with you in the future.

-Casey
I hope you did not take it as my calling your kit cheap/poor quality! That is not at all what I meant! I am really hoping to hear from some of the customers about what they think. And I have a feeling you will be doing business with me in the future. What's the chances of you speeding the process up on the kit that retains the AC?!?! LOL

Originally Posted by sxracerb25
I haven't installed the kit yet, but it appears to be very nice quality. Welds look very nice and I'm definitely happy with the price I paid. I've had great customer support so far too.
Well what are you waiting on??? Get that kit installed so I can see what you think? When do you think you will be installing it? Please post back here or shoot me a PM when you do!

Originally Posted by Orange99Z
Normal truck manifold kits delete a/c. The outlet goes where the compressor is. Maybe you could weld vbands on or use truck/c6 manifolds, with a turbo kmember & run the dp on the driver side. Alternator needs moved too
Yeah I figured I would need to use a c6 manifold on the passenger side.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:22 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by 95civic2005

I hope you did not take it as my calling your kit cheap/poor quality! That is not at all what I meant! I am really hoping to hear from some of the customers about what they think. And I have a feeling you will be doing business with me in the future. What's the chances of you speeding the process up on the kit that retains the AC?!?! LOL
No worries! i was just clarifying is all!

as far as the kit to retain AC, its probably going to be a little while. we have some ideas, we just need to put them into effect!

YOUR SOURCE FOR ALL THINGS TURBO!
CASEY@HURONSPEED.COM
TWITTER @HURONSPEED
Old 05-01-2012, 10:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 95civic2005
I am really hoping to hear from some of the customers about what they think.
The kit fits great. Everything literally just slipped into place. While I have the kit 100% installed I still have a lot of work to do to the rest of the car. I'll have a mini build thread and results when I'm finished so keep a look out!
Old 05-01-2012, 11:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Huron Speed kit and I am very impressed with the quality. I have not begun the install yet because I am getting everything else in line first (heads, cam, etc) but you can see my build thread here:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...ld-thread.html

I am keeping the M6 and have similar goals to you but in all honesty the performance will vary more based on your turbo selection.

The reason you will not find many results yet for the kit is because they were just released this spring. For me personally between work, family, etc it's hard to always find time to wrench on my car (even when I really want to).

My best advice for you is to do your research but I wouldn't hesitate for one second on buying the Huron Speed Kit if you decide to go turbo. I've said it many times...their kit and customer service has been top notch!!!

Good luck in whatever decision you make
Old 05-01-2012, 03:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you came into the FI section with the attitude you weren't going spend $5000 you better head on back to the bolt on section. Cause this isn't the place for you. Do it right or don't do it. I have seen so many cars hacked up by people not willing to spend the money it's shameful.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:57 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 2000RATA
If you came into the FI section with the attitude you weren't going spend $5000 you better head on back to the bolt on section. Cause this isn't the place for you. Do it right or don't do it. I have seen so many cars hacked up by people not willing to spend the money it's shameful.
Gee thanks for the reply! First off I didn't come in here with an "attitude". I just simply stated I can't bring myself to spend that kind of money. If I can't get a good reliable turbo lit for what I want to spend then I'll have to go an alternate route. I know there are some awesome expensive a$$ kits out there but that's too much for me. Also, I will not "hack" up any car! I take pride in modding my cars and kepp them in the best shape and maintenance possible.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

if you can't spend the cash then a turbo car is not for you, doesn't matter which way you cut it.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

For any correctly done turbo system of any sort, kit, your own custom job whatever, $5000 is the minimum. That can include more than the turbo kit but everything together will be a minimum of $5000.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 2000RATA
For any correctly done turbo system of any sort, kit, your own custom job whatever, $5000 is the minimum. That can include more than the turbo kit but everything together will be a minimum of $5000.
Agreed but if you already have a h/c/i setup you can sell your cam, heads, exhaust, etc, etc and come out ok. I sold more than $3k of used parts from my car and have spent another $2k out of pocket to complete the kit.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:00 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Let me know if I can be of any help to you! We are currently running the special on the kits and you would not be disappointed!

Jon
Huron Speed

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!

Quick Reply: Looking for input on stock displacement ls1 m6? Anyone with a Huron Speed Turbo Kit?