Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

help me reach my goals

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 07:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys wanting to get advice on what to do to reach my goal for my car. Its a 2000 Camaro SS auto hardtop. It has a salvage title so i'm up for doing really anything to the car since it won't be much money in the future.

right now current mods are in my sig, the only updates is i'm running a T-67 turbo and a turbo werx scavage pump. that and i bought a PTK/ebay clone turbo kit, not sure if its the real thing. Bought it from a guy who had purchased it MC racing.

My goal is to have a reliable fun street car. i'd really like to get about 600-700 rwhp. i'm not sure where i could actually start. For starters i want to pull the motor out and see whats going on in there, i have a slight knock in the motor and i'm not sure what it is. Though it has never gotten hot or lost oil pressure. More than likely i'll replace all the bearings in the bottom end. The motor hasn't had many miles on it since its supposable rebuild.

Then i wanted to start upgrading the fuel system, bigger injectors first then decide on how to run the fuel pump or pumps.

Sorry i'm a complete rookie when it comes to this LSX engines. Though i am a mechanic for the air force, working on air craft ground equipment, now i'm rebuilding Abram M1A1 turbine engines, and have been a mechanic most of my life. Anyway what do you guys suggest for me?

Thanks guys
Old 05-03-2012, 09:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

search the threads for the diy duel in tank walbros, or on ws6store.com they have a racetronix setup for like 200 bux that will support 600 and 700-800 wired at 16 volts.

freshen up the bottom end and get some arp head studs if its not already done.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Turbo is kind of small for your expectations. I'd upgrade the turbo, injectors, and valve springs, and add another fuel pump.

If it were me.... 76mm, 80lbs injectors, and a set of patriot gold springs, and then throw another 255 pump in with the existing one.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:56 AM
On The Tree

thanks a lot guys for the input, now i wish i would have bought a bigger turbo when my STS t-60 went out.

Quick Reply: help me reach my goals