Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

I need to buy a wire harness, need input

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 06:14 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Default I need to buy a wire harness, need input

So I'm at the part of my build where I need a harness. I'm running a stock computer and need to buy a harness for it. My motor is a lq4, speed density tune with a turbo. My question is open loop or closed loop and which one needs what sensors to work right? Ill be using all autometer gauges for my speed, tach, oil, water etc so can I ditch those plugs off the harness? Just looking for a "race" harness to keep it simple. Car will be a track car with local cruise nights time to time.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would avoid Sand and Street Performance harnesses if I had to do it over again. The harnesses we got had incorrect labeling in the directions and the owner changed the price (was the same on their web page) on me after shipping it out. When I complained to him, the website mysteriously went down for a while and when it came back up the price changed. Several wrong plugs for the application we asked for and he promised to send out a pigtail to the customer which never came. Overall a poor experience.

We have been looking at several other companies since then, but have just modified stock harnesses in the mean time for the other 3 swaps we have done. Just do your research on who you decide to use before you pull the trigger. I ignored some negative comments I found as the price seemed right. It ended up costing me in the end.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:19 AM
TECH Veteran

Ya I can only imagine the headaches! A lot of guys swear by the guy on eBay who makes them for people here and on YB so I may go that route or another place I got bookmarked. I'd do a Speartech harness but for his price I won't. I just need to know what plugs I don't need. I'll have a oil pressure, temp sensor, no oil height sensor so can I order the harness without those plugs or does the computer need those sensors to work other things?
Old 05-08-2012, 09:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call John at PSI he will take care of you and they have the best customer service! I am running their harness stand alone with Autometer gauges detailed instructions and they answer the phone every time even on the weekends!
Old 05-08-2012, 09:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have heard many good things about PSI, just cautious about things after the headaches from SSP.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:47 AM
TECH Veteran

PSI looks nice and at $499 seems pretty reasonable.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have heard really good things about psi and I believe they are a sponsor here as well. I went another route and I can pm you the info. Basically got wiring harness, ecm (LQ9 base tune) and all the connectors neatly laid out.

Last edited by kainedogg; 05-08-2012 at 10:22 AM.

Quick Reply: I need to buy a wire harness, need input