Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Magna Charger

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 12:59 PM
loc
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Magna Charger

Is anyone running the magnacharger on their LS1. I have been looking and really like the sound of that specific supercharger. Can someone tell me the goods and bads of this kit. Also where is a good place to purchase.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:41 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This question comes up quite frequently around here. Maggies get a lot of hate on this site not so much because they are bad, but because there are "better" options. I love mine, its fun to drive, sounds awesome but has it's drawbacks. It makes decent power but it comes with a price and it has a "cap" to how much it can make.

They make a lot of heat and on a good day with a badass setup you might make 600 to the wheels. They are not a bolt on kit, they require some fab work. It's not bad but it is more than what is advertised. You are almost guaranteed to have to run frame spacers, cowl notch, and have to cut the inside of your hood.

Mine makes more power than a set of 315's can hold and the power comes in a little sooner (about 2500 rpm) than a procharger or turbo but doesn't make power much past 6k, where a turbo or procharger would still be cranking it out.

If you have modest power goals and are just looking for a fun street car, go for it. If you think you will want more talk to Bob at brutespeed about a procharger.

Quick Reply: Magna Charger