Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Signal hose came off Manual boost controller. 19psi!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 07:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 130 Likes on 78 Posts

Default Signal hose came off Manual boost controller. 19psi!

Normally, I have my 93 pump gas only(no meth, alky, water injection) turbo LT1 set for 15psi. Last trip to the track, both hotside manifolds sounded like they had that god awful header leaks(where you hear distinct cylinders going "thop, thop, thop..." as you try to accelerlate) Embarrasing.... Yesterday morning, I went out and replaced both header gaskets. Oddly, the passenger side still sounds like it has one. I'll probably pull that manifold off this week and look for cracks. Also, I'd just zeroed the 60 to 105 kpa knock tables from my tune since the knock was all false and I added 5 gallons of VP 100 octane after the gasket installs. Anyway, upon completion of all that, I fired up the datamaster and started a logging session, then headed down a local rural highway in the country with long stretches of straightaways and no side traffic.

The car felt REALLY strong after the 4th gear push. I just wanted to see how she ran w/o the false knock. Very impressive to the butt-o-meter. I shut her off at 4,950 rpms(105mph) and then checked the AEM truboost 'history' to see what peak boost I had attained. 18.9psi. WTH? I popped the hood after getting home and found the signal tube (From turbo outlet to the boost TEE) was off. I don't know if it popped off or my wrestling with the hotside to replace the gasket knocked it off. That near 19psi sure felt good though

Methinks that on the street and on 93 octane, I'll keep her at 15psi but for the track, the VP fuel and 19 or 20 psi.

Within the next week, Vigilante(Precision Industries) will be sending back my torque converter, having restalled it to 4000 rpm from the prior 2800 stall. Once it's here, I'll take out the T56 and SPEC stage 4 and put in the Racebuilt TH350 and see what I've gained. My best sixty foot with the T56 and Nitto 275x40x17's has been 1.99 and that was one time. The rest of the time, bogging or spinning, I get 2.xx.

The last trip to the strip, there was a 2013 GTR. I'd hoped to line up against him but didn't get to. For my track ego, it was a good thing. I was right behind him in the staging lanes and got to see him click off a 10.x @ 130mph. Yikes! My best mph there has been 129 (on 93 octane and 15psi) but my ET's suck because I haven't been able to get out of the hole. Hopefully, with the TH350 and new stall (and my 2 step) I can fix that.

Hope all you guys are having a great Memorial Day and, if you are in the service or a veteran, god bless you and thank you for your service to this great country!
My daughter is a US Marine

Lovin' the Turbo life!

Last edited by mightyquickz28; 05-28-2012 at 10:54 PM.