Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

5.3 700hp build advice needed!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 01:23 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 5.3 700hp build advice needed!

Ok so I'm picking up a 5.3 complete longblock with 50k miles for $500 with harness and ecu. The motor is going into a nissan 300zx. What I need help with is piston/rod combo.

I have searched all day trying to find something comparable but everyone wants to bore it huge ect. I just want some rods and pistons to handle boost at up to 700hp range. Stock crank should be fine from what I've read. Can anyone show me links to a combo to buy to forged piston then link for decent rods? Trying to get price for them and possible buy them now.

Next, I. Have read that the 317heads flow better than the stock 5.3 but lower compression too much. If I'm putting pistons in than should I get the 317heads with a higher compression pistons to keep compression up? The purpose is to port a set of heads and get springs and a cam. Don't want to port 5.3 heads and have them reach stock 317head level and waste the money when I can start with bigger ports and go larger and just use different dish piston for same price since I'm going with aftermarket pistons anyways. Need some thoughts cause I wanna start buying what I need asap.

So reasonable build nothing major, rods/pistons, ported heads with springs for a decent cam. Huge thanks.
Old 06-02-2012, 04:10 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol 100 views about and noone has experience with a good name rod/piston combo? And where to get them

Quick Reply: 5.3 700hp build advice needed!