Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

A2A or A2W intercooler, my situation

Old 06-07-2012, 09:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A2A or A2W intercooler, my situation

looking at what intercooler to use in my DD trans am. kinda mappin stuff out now, and was wondering if an A2W intercooler would take up less room if im keeping AC condenser and etc. main argument ive seen/read is A2W is good for drag, via ice, A2A for street/road race, heres what ive been tossing around though and let me see what yall think.

if i went with A2A, orginal plan, with a 31x11.75x3in intercoooler, and mounted up front, id take the front bird plate off and trim out as much as i could, so say have about 12-13x8-10in whole in the front with air coming through, im keeping my fog lights but trimming anything behind/around them to get air to come through and possibly putting a small air damn on the bottom to blow air from there up, how effective would this be vs an A2W?

if i went A2W, id mount the 24x14in rad for it were my front plate is with the fan behind it and then the actual intercooler behind that to have what ever air gets through blow over it, think i might get more room too.

would the A2W be more effective cause of the amount of actual air the A2A one would receive

this car is 100% street driven, never been to drag track, might go, might not

the 2 intercoolers i was lookin at

http://www.frozenboost.com/product_i...931dcc842de17c

http://www.frozenboost.com/product_i...931dcc842de17c
Old 06-08-2012, 12:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would definetly go A2A based on what you said. If you really wanna keep IATs down even more throw a meth kit on the car. I see 60-80 degree drops in my IAT between the air filter and the intake manifold thanks to the A2A intercooler and 100% meth injection. Most of the time IAT2s are at or below ambient.
Old 06-10-2012, 04:37 PM
Gingervitis Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Use your A/C system to cool the water down. 40 degree water should do nicely cooling the IATs down.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A2A or A2W intercooler, my situation