Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

car wont go passed 5lbs!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 06:36 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Arrow car wont go passed 5lbs!

Hey guys I have a stock bottom end trans am with a PTK turbo kit and tc76 turbo. I’ll write the mod list on here at the end but my problem is the car won’t boost passed 5lbs. i can't figure out what the problem is. My tuner says i have some exhaust leaks before the turbo from the v clamps...but i can't justify loosing that much boost over a couple small leaks.
Things I’ve done:
checked for vacuum leaks, unpluged the wastegate just to see if the boost will spike up (at full throttle still didn’t go passed 5lbs and that should be at least 30 lbs), checked for cold side leaks although i haven't checked the intercooler to see if maybe it's leaking from there somehow...and i unhooked the boosst controller so it’s going from the wastegate
mods:
Synapse 40mm wastegate, synapse bov (alot of people say the problem is the synapse products) bbk intake, bbk tb, custom cam, 6.0 heads, thicker head gasket....my hunch is on the wastegate, bov, or tune! Could the tune cause the car not to go passed a certain boost pressure?? If you have any questions please ask. Sorry I’m sure I’m leaving a lot out
Old 06-15-2012, 06:43 PM
Launching!

Lock down wastegate spring ( what spring is in there?? ) does it boost really slow?? Id look at the wastegate first
Old 06-15-2012, 06:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Pics of the kit?
Old 06-15-2012, 08:24 PM
Launching!

i actually changed the spring rate to the stiffest setting and it spools up really quick

Quick Reply: car wont go passed 5lbs!