Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

RMCR 50mm Cog Belt Issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 11:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RMCR 50mm Cog Belt Issue

I have rmcr high mount YSI set up, but im having issue with 50mm belt it is hanging over crank pulley by 1/4'' and is tight to outer side of tensioner pulley.
I run it on the track friday night 6 passes 10.26@135 and noticed lots of belt dust belt wore out by 3mm
How tight should I have the belt ?
Anybody have this issue ?

80T crank pulley, 32T blower pulley, gates power grip gt 2 belt, 16psi

Thanks, Ivan
Attached Thumbnails RMCR 50mm Cog Belt Issue-belt.jpg  
Old 06-19-2012, 03:32 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had all your issues. I had a machinist make a spacer for the crank pulley. To firm up the blower mounting I had all the spacers remade in steel instead of aluminum with a tight tolerance on the bolt holes. I modded the tensioner so that it had an adjustable nut on a longer bolt that runs through the pulley, the nut butts against the bracket behind it (I had to make a hole in the rear bracket to allow for adjustment of the tensioner because the bolt now goes through it. This more or less adds a third mounting position instead of two. I also fabbed and added an upper brace. I know pics would be nice but I don't have time right now. I do keep the belt loose, it does tighten as it warms up. I still get belt dust so I know it's not perfect but I have not been chewing up belts anymore. My current belt has been on there a couple years and still is fine. The bottom line is that the whole setup is not designed strong enough so that it won't flex. I could actually see the blower move if you revved the motor. The belt would walk one way on acceleration and the other way on deceleration.

Last edited by 2001WS6Vert; 06-19-2012 at 03:57 AM.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:46 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks man, I talk to Mike at RMCR and they are sending me different spacers and hardware.
Send me some pics of your set up when you have some time.

Thanks Ivan
Old 06-20-2012, 06:51 AM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

Alignment is super critical with cogs. As for tension, they need very little.

Ive my own 50mm cog setup on mine and run minimal tension with a manual tensioner. I have plenty of idlers to control belt movement and slack though. Not sure what the RMCR setup is like though.

Also, if you're running pure methanol in that nozzle, be aware that methanol will get expelled via your BOV when you close the throttle.

IMO BOV should be located well before any nozzles.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:32 PM
Staging Lane

[QUOTE=2001WS6Vert;16433222]I had all your issues. I had a machinist make a spacer for the crank pulley. To firm up the blower mounting I had all the spacers remade in steel instead of aluminum with a tight tolerance on the bolt holes. I modded the tensioner so that it had an adjustable nut on a longer bolt that runs through the pulley, the nut butts against the bracket behind it (I had to make a hole in the rear bracket to allow for adjustment of the tensioner because the bolt now goes through it. This more or less adds a third mounting position instead of two. I also fabbed and added an upper brace. I know pics would be nice but I don't have time right now. I do keep the belt loose, it does tighten as it warms up. I still get belt dust so I know it's not perfect but I have not been chewing up belts anymore. My current belt has been on there a couple years and still is fine. The bottom line is that the whole setup is not designed strong enough so that it won't flex. I could actually see the blower move if you revved the motor. The belt would walk one way on acceleration and the other way on deceleration.

Do you have old style bracket or new style bracket ?
Old 06-24-2012, 10:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Your brackets are bent. Same problem as trnsamatt99
Old 06-25-2012, 10:16 AM
ss1
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's the difference in the old style and new style brackets?
Old 06-25-2012, 11:40 AM
FormerVendor

We have had several versions of this bracket setup. The latest adds another bracket to the front and ties it to the the lower bolt on the alternator. It has fixed all flex issues.

What we ran it to is the belt moves more than we thought on the street. Dyno pulls I have seen no problems. So we are spacing the new bracket out more.

I also have a ten rib set up that works to a 2.5" sc pulley and we have seen 24 lbs with it and no issues.

Ivan I will have your new parts out in the next day or so.

These brackets were originally intended for an upgrade from Vortechs G -Trim supercharger. I do have a bracket set up that will mount the blower low on the driver side and will except a YSi with oil pump return or a self contained Novi 2200.

I have in the works a bracket set up that will mount the blower in the mid of the head and will except the new V-24 and V-27 cases from Vortech. The should be ready next spring.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:58 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MikeRMCR
We have had several versions of this bracket setup. The latest adds another bracket to the front and ties it to the the lower bolt on the alternator. It has fixed all flex issues.

What we ran it to is the belt moves more than we thought on the street. Dyno pulls I have seen no problems. So we are spacing the new bracket out more.

I also have a ten rib set up that works to a 2.5" sc pulley and we have seen 24 lbs with it and no issues.

Ivan I will have your new parts out in the next day or so.

These brackets were originally intended for an upgrade from Vortechs G -Trim supercharger. I do have a bracket set up that will mount the blower low on the driver side and will except a YSi with oil pump return or a self contained Novi 2200.

I have in the works a bracket set up that will mount the blower in the mid of the head and will except the new V-24 and V-27 cases from Vortech. The should be ready next spring.

WTF Mike day or two, it is July 30th where are my parts???
Old 07-31-2012, 02:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ivan I will have your new parts out in the next MONTH or TWO.
Sounds more like it.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:46 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The guys at RMCR may not be the fastest but they are good guys and do work hard to solve the issues and bring new innovation to our hobby. What they do aint easy and I'm glad there are people out there that do what they do.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

they aernt good guys

putting it lightly, they suck dick.

and theyre sending u the ten rib bit bc he knows the cog wont work, we been thru his parade for over a YEAR now, and he sent us the ten rib. got the ten rib, and even with a 7.5" bottom and 3.2" top, IT STILL SLIPS. no way in hell itd hold with a 8" and 2.5

we have told endless people to stear clear of them and nobody listens. including yourself ivan

remember this thread? called it.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...si-set-up.html
Old 07-31-2012, 07:44 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Bobsmyuncle
they aernt good guys

putting it lightly, they suck dick.

and theyre sending u the ten rib bit bc he knows the cog wont work, we been thru his parade for over a YEAR now, and he sent us the ten rib. got the ten rib, and even with a 7.5" bottom and 3.2" top, IT STILL SLIPS. no way in hell itd hold with a 8" and 2.5

we have told endless people to stear clear of them and nobody listens. including yourself ivan

remember this thread? called it.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...si-set-up.html
I don't know what to do with this set up, I'm going to do back half with 4 link this winter and go over my motor, if i don't get this working I'm thinking to stick a big *** turbo on my LQ9.
I would like to keep this YSI set up it is a nice blower just this f****g belt dust issue, I don't want to change belts every 6-8 passes
Old 08-01-2012, 04:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

we fought and fought and fought the cog setup(that we waited 7 months for) and finally gave up bc mike suggested the 10 rib. he knows the cog is nothing but problems, but instead of saying it, he just tries to sell u somethin different. 10 rib, and what do u know, doesnt hold up either. we bought 3 things from them, total time quoted was 6 weeks, and we have over 16 MONTHS of waiting for parts from them. if theyre stuff was amazing it still wouldnt be worth it, but it isnt, it makes it that much worse.

we r looking to go turbo as well.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:51 AM
Staging Lane

We are in October now and race season is over my track shuts down next weekend.
I still don't have my blower bracket, as stated above in Mike's reply in June it will be shipped in day or so. I would not recommend dealing with RMCR they are bunch of lying ***** that cant keep their word.
I spent over 6K with them and that is what you get

YOU CAN KEEP YOUR BRACKET MIKE!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-17-2012, 10:16 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ivan c
We are in October now and race season is over my track shuts down next weekend.
I still don't have my blower bracket, as stated above in Mike's reply in June it will be shipped in day or so. I would not recommend dealing with RMCR they are bunch of lying ***** that cant keep their word.
I spent over 6K with them and that is what you get

YOU CAN KEEP YOUR BRACKET MIKE!!!!!!!!!!
Ivan and I have gotten all these issues worked out.

I have a new design that I sent him that works. NO CHARGE

I didnt want to send him a new system without completely testing it.

We redesigned the whole system. I have tested it for the last few months on the street and dyno. It took us longer to R&D as I didnt have a car at the time that could support 20 plus lbs of boost.

We just dynoed 1025 RWHP with a 81T Lower and 28T upper.

I have also PM'ed transammatt to send him the new setup as well since it was never working.

We strive to make the best products and I always stand behind them. It just took me awhile to figure out why these were not working. We have been designing kits for over 15 years and this through me for a loop.

I will post some pics of the new system in a few.

Thanks
Mike
Old 10-17-2012, 10:57 AM
FormerVendor

Here is a pic of our twin plate system. This is the prototype setup and I have over 50 pulls on the dyno and several pulls on the street with a manual car, including very hard down shifts and upshifts. We made 1025 rwhp on this car.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:39 PM
Staging Lane

Ivan and I have gotten all these issues worked out.

I have a new design that I sent him that works. NO CHARGE

I didnt want to send him a new system without completely testing it.

We redesigned the whole system. I have tested it for the last few months on the street and dyno. It took us longer to R&D as I didnt have a car at the time that could support 20 plus lbs of boost.

We just dynoed 1025 RWHP with a 81T Lower and 28T upper.

I have also PM'ed transammatt to send him the new setup as well since it was never working.

We strive to make the best products and I always stand behind them. It just took me awhile to figure out why these were not working. We have been designing kits for over 15 years and this through me for a loop.

I will post some pics of the new system in a few.

Thanks
Mike
Thanks Mike, I will step up the boost with this new set up for next year hope it works.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:02 AM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

Here is a pic of our twin plate system. This is the prototype setup and I have over 50 pulls on the dyno and several pulls on the street with a manual car, including very hard down shifts and upshifts. We made 1025 rwhp on this car.
Arent you concerned about the two cog sides of the belt touching there ? They are pretty damn close.

An idler, or even some sort of skid plate to prevent contact would be a good idea.

Also, fitting an LS2 pump frees up a lot of room there so the belt can never make contact with the large bell. Just pull the pulley off the LS2 pump by 8-9mm before use.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:18 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
Arent you concerned about the two cog sides of the belt touching there ? They are pretty damn close.

An idler, or even some sort of skid plate to prevent contact would be a good idea.

Also, fitting an LS2 pump frees up a lot of room there so the belt can never make contact with the large bell. Just pull the pulley off the LS2 pump by 8-9mm before use.
That does look like belt might touch, what other aftermarket pumps are out there with out heather lines ?

Thanks Ivan

Quick Reply: RMCR 50mm Cog Belt Issue