Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Anyone have a 4L80E installed in your Turbo LT1 Fbody?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 06:27 AM
TECH Addict

Received 130 Likes on 78 Posts

Default Anyone have a 4L80E installed in your Turbo LT1 Fbody?

I'm going to step up to a 4L80E (basically an electronic version of the TH400 with a .75 overdrive fourth gear) but there's not a lot of info(okay, none) for the LT1 installations in a Turbo Car.
I know I need:
  • 4L80E - coming from Jakes Performance. Stage II w/Transbrake. There also are a few iterations of the 4L80E. Early, middle and late models. The differences are the hardiness of some internals and some coolant line routings. Also there is an extra bolt hole provision for the LSx dedicated family in the latest model.
  • Shifter - Already have a B&M Prostick. Have to order a $17.00 4 gate shift plate
  • TH400 yoke for drive shaft - There are a few differences though. The spline configuration on the output shaft determines which one.
  • Electrical Harness - This is for programming shifting and the Vehicle Speed Sensor.
  • Programming of the LT1 PCM - This is the part that is the most murky. I have both an OBDI and an OBDII PCM. I've sent an email off to Bryan Herter at PCMFORLESS to see if he's done such a thing.
If you've done the swap to the 4L80E for your LT1, can you tell me what you had done to make the configuration work for you?

Thanks,
Dave
Old 06-24-2012, 06:43 AM
TECH Addict

Received 130 Likes on 78 Posts

Well, apparently my search abilities need a tuneup. I just searched thru Google and found several notes on this. Thanks anyway guys.

Quick Reply: Anyone have a 4L80E installed in your Turbo LT1 Fbody?