PCV system with roots/twin screw

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 04:21 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default PCV system with roots/twin screw

I made a S/C setup for my LS1 using an Eaton m112, the build can be seen here:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...y-ls1-bmw.html

I'm curious how kits have their PCV system set up. I left it pretty much stock and put a nipple for the check valve looking thing that was behind the throttle body right in the s/c inlet between the TB and the blower. It pulls a good amount of oil out of the motor. I pulled the blower off last weekend and the whole intake is covered with new looking oil inside along with the inlet having oil pooled in it. I could add a catch can, but I'de rather eliminate the problem.

Any suggestions?

1999 LS1 out of a Camaro
Old 06-26-2012, 08:43 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I added a catch can to mine. Other than that pretty stock setup as far as where it pulls air into the motor (PS V/C) and PCV location (DS rear V/C). I made a catch can myself. It's 2" exhaust tubing with the incoming air being sent to the bottom and pulling the "clean" air out the top. It's about 12" long and full of copper kitchen scrubber stuff. Works OK but I still get some orl in the intake. It seems to collect more oil than the ebay POS I had on my GTO with the same blower though. If I had it to do again, I'd make the air path more of a helix so it spent more time getting seperated.

Catch can is rear bolted to rear of motor behind the headers.

The sheathed line coming from the rear of the motor is the "cleaned" air. The other sheathed line from the front is the remote mounted IAC incoming air. The braided line beneath those 2 is the IC return water. You can also see my bodaciously billet cheap PCV on the V/C.

Note also the1" blower spacer I made from phenolic. You're lucky not to have the stock intake setup that gives the blower outlet air about 1/4" to escape the intercooler.

Quick Reply: PCV system with roots/twin screw