Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

? about superchargers

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 02:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ? about superchargers

I'm new to the supercharger scene. There's a GTO with a Magnacharger on it and I was wanting to know what the lifespan of a supercharger was with average wear and tear. How often does the belt get loose?
Old 07-05-2012, 05:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Not 1 ******* reply? I'm a newbie to this and nobody can ******* help me out. I'm just wanting to know how long a ******* supercharger lasts on average. I thought people on a forum are supposed to help one another. ******* bullshit.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by IZRED
Not 1 ******* reply? I'm a newbie to this and nobody can ******* help me out. I'm just wanting to know how long a ******* supercharger lasts on average. I thought people on a forum are supposed to help one another. ******* bullshit.
ok first of all posting a thread and bitching to everyone on site about not getting a reply back when its only been a few hours is not going to get you anything other than the banhammer. maybe try a search or the magic of google.

to answer your question since its so urgent you need a reply today superchargers last for ******* ever and ever and ever and ever. not one has ever broken. ever. do a search bud.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by usnfenix
ok first of all posting a thread and bitching to everyone on site about not getting a reply back when its only been a few hours is not going to get you anything other than the banhammer. maybe try a search or the magic of google.

to answer your question since its so urgent you need a reply today superchargers last for ******* ever and ever and ever and ever. not one has ever broken. ever. do a search bud.
Thanks for your reply and I apoligize to everybody for my crazy *** behavior. I already tried the search and nothing came up. Maybe I wasn't putting down specific enough words, IDK. Also, I'm not a computer wiz, so I'm slow as molasses on a computer. From what you said made my decision easier. Thanks again, usnfenix.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:58 PM
MJD
12 Second Club

Magnuson recommends a rebuild at 100K, that's about it. If you run higher boost you'll need a heavier tensioner.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by MJD
Magnuson recommends a rebuild at 100K, that's about it. If you run higher boost you'll need a heavier tensioner.
Ok, So they hold up just as good as an engine basically. Thanks on the rebuild info. I always thought different of superchargers.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

it depends on the boost/application. milder builds are fine using the rebuilds every so often but more aggressive builds id keep an eye on the motor more then the s/c
Old 07-05-2012, 07:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by usnfenix
it depends on the boost/application. milder builds are fine using the rebuilds every so often but more aggressive builds id keep an eye on the motor more then the s/c
This GTO is on the milder side, it's a low 12 sec. car. More of a show car. If I get it, I'll just get on it here and there, nothing extreme.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:27 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Like anything mechanical on these cars, lifespan is directly proportional to how hard you push it, and how well you take care of it. Like other people said, if you don't push the blower too hard, and keep up with belt changes, and oil changes etc, you shouldn't have any issues with it running fine for 30-40-50k miles before you would be advised to pull the blower and check it for wear and tear.

Quick Reply: ? about superchargers