Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

supercharger questions need insight

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 04:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default supercharger questions need insight

ok I currently have a d1sc that is pretty damn loud, my question is the people with the A&A systems on their corvettes or camaros and those of who you have the "quieter" p1sc or d1sc...how much quieter are they than the regular d1sc like I have? ive never heard one in person and this is going towards a great cause. My father recently just turned 64 years old and he says he feels like hes 30 so as a surprise I thought about giving him my d1sc and aster bracket and just order the intercoolers and piping for him until he made a comment several days ago about how much he hates my d1sc because of the noise. Hes a simplistic old guy who doesn't want to hack the hood up or get a new one which i know leaves me with either A&A the quieter procharger or the edelbrock. I would really appreciate if any of you could post of some videos so you can help me help out my vietnam vet father, hes always given a lot up so I thought it was time to give something back. Thank you in advance, I'm looking to do something in the next couple of days so I would appreciate any insight.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:29 PM
On The Tree

are the A&A sytems any quieter than the prochargers? this is going on a 08 vette
Old 07-12-2012, 06:05 PM
On The Tree

Any videos?
Old 07-12-2012, 06:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

You dont like it loud i love the sound of a f1
Old 07-12-2012, 06:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm about to throw my F1A out the window cause I can no longer stand the noise. I used to love the whine but now I'm old lol. Got to hear a D1SC-H and man is that thing silent. That will be the next thing on my wish list to get.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:23 PM
On The Tree

It's not for me I'm buying the quietest system for my father because he doesn't like how loud my d1sc is. It's a surprise gift for him do I'm just wanting some advice from those of you who have heard some. I almost bought the quieter one but couldn't justify the price. How much quieter is it?
Old 07-12-2012, 08:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS6 Z28
It's not for me I'm buying the quietest system for my father because he doesn't like how loud my d1sc is. It's a surprise gift for him do I'm just wanting some advice from those of you who have heard some. I almost bought the quieter one but couldn't justify the price. How much quieter is it?
It's very quiet. If you put a couple of washers on the end of a screwdriver and spin them, thats what it sounds like.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverSS
I'm about to throw my F1A out the window cause I can no longer stand the noise. I used to love the whine but now I'm old lol. Got to hear a D1SC-H and man is that thing silent. That will be the next thing on my wish list to get.
throw it thru my window! let me know!
Old 07-13-2012, 10:14 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SilverSS
It's very quiet. If you put a couple of washers on the end of a screwdriver and spin them, thats what it sounds like.
Thank you for the insight, since I got my d1 I was always curious but never imagined it was that substantial

Quick Reply: supercharger questions need insight