Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Used supercharger?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 09:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Used supercharger?

Looks like tomorrow is the day, I'm going to go ahead and pull the trigger on a V1. It's set up for boost, and coming from CO so it looks like I might as well get a tune once I get it back, and in the process, I was thinking about throwing on a supercharger.. On a bit of a budget so I was wondering if anyone has a used one for sale? Or is that super sketch? This is a first for me. Any ideas on what this will probably run me? Any recommendations? It's an 04 so it's for a LS6.

Thanks for any advice!
Old 07-12-2012, 10:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Broski
Looks like tomorrow is the day, I'm going to go ahead and pull the trigger on a V1. It's set up for boost, and coming from CO so it looks like I might as well get a tune once I get it back, and in the process, I was thinking about throwing on a supercharger.. On a bit of a budget so I was wondering if anyone has a used one for sale? Or is that super sketch? This is a first for me. Any ideas on what this will probably run me? Any recommendations? It's an 04 so it's for a LS6.

Thanks for any advice!

you WILL get a tune. as far as what it will eventually end up running you....you really need to read the sticky at the top of the forced induction page called the real cost of forced induction. not trying to scare you away, because boost is beautiful, but make sure you know what your getting into before you go spending.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...induction.html

Last edited by I8UR4RD; 07-12-2012 at 10:49 PM.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:13 AM
ss1
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's a V1? Similar to a Vortech V1 T-Trim?
Old 07-13-2012, 10:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ss1
What's a V1? Similar to a Vortech V1 T-Trim?
I was going to ask the same thing but I wasn't sure and didn't want to accidentally sound stupid. Also...I hope not...v1 = trash
Old 07-13-2012, 11:02 AM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I think he meant V1 as in the 1st Gen CTS-V?

Nix
Old 07-13-2012, 11:38 AM
Staging Lane

Woooow.. Shoot, that's way more of an investment than I was thinking.. Good thing you pointed me to that sticky. Hahaha

And yes, I was talking about a 1st gen CTS V. Looks like I'll be holding off on forced induction for a while.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Broski
Woooow.. Shoot, that's way more of an investment than I was thinking.. Good thing you pointed me to that sticky. Hahaha

And yes, I was talking about a 1st gen CTS V. Looks like I'll be holding off on forced induction for a while.

yeah there are several people who will tell you, and even a thread somewhere talking about what people have put in them to make them right, and hassle free.

Im upwards of 24-26k right now not including the car/gas/labor etc...and still have a ways to go. its insane really.