Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Huron Speed turbo + PT7675 WS6

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 11:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Huron Speed turbo + PT7675 WS6

Just finished getting my car tuned. Kit went on very easy with minimal invasion to the car. No cutting or hacking of anything. Had endless help from the owner of H.S as well as the other guys running the kit.

As fas as still having driveability it is not bad at all. Even with a dumped downpipe and no swaybar it is still a very nice car to drive around. I do not even notice the under hood heat. In my honest opinion a set of headers heat the engine bay more than this. (may be the low mounting) Either way this kit did not disappoint me.

I had originally had a very niceley done V banded STS turbo setup and sold it to go F1 procharger but I could not resist the affordability and quality of this H.S kit so I decided to go with it. I am very glad I did. Realisticly if $$ was not an issue I could have put the kit on in a week but I also had to re do my fuel system.

Anyway here are some pics. The car runs hard as hell. That 75mm exhaust wheel really keeps the power uptop. Now I need brakes!!

Thanks again John.
Attached Thumbnails Huron Speed turbo + PT7675 WS6-new-turbo.jpg   Huron Speed turbo + PT7675 WS6-bumper-off.jpg   Huron Speed turbo + PT7675 WS6-turbo-low2.jpg   Huron Speed turbo + PT7675 WS6-fuel-line.jpg   Huron Speed turbo + PT7675 WS6-engine-side.jpg  

Last edited by 1sick-Z; 08-03-2012 at 11:47 AM.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Still need to get rid of my Ram Air radiator support and clean up some wiring. I did this all in the middle of summer lol. I plan on hiding the fuse box/wiring in the fenders this winter.
Attached Thumbnails Huron Speed turbo + PT7675 WS6-turbo-setup-2.-engine-front.jpg   Huron Speed turbo + PT7675 WS6-turbo-mounted.jpg   Huron Speed turbo + PT7675 WS6-interior.jpg   Huron Speed turbo + PT7675 WS6-t.-watertower.jpg   Huron Speed turbo + PT7675 WS6-t.-side.jpg  

Old 08-03-2012, 12:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Looks good man. I've been thinking bout selling my procharger kit and trying this out. Been kicking the idea around. What bov and wastegate are you using. Also what did u pay for the pt7675. Ive read that those turbos make pretty good power.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Got the turbo for 1000$ used. I am using a Tial BOV and a Turbonetics Wastegate. Alot of people use the On3 stuff which seems to be working well too and alot more budget friendly.

Well over 600 wheel right now (dont want to be to specific)and this thing NEVER QUITS pulling. I am at like 9-11 psi and it never runs out of steam. I have no times but to give you an idea I had a 2.8 KB cobra making 620wheel gapped from 40-110-120 I let off at 5500 in 3rd gear and couldnt hear the loud *** kb screaming next to me. Needless to say I absolutley love this turbo. You could probably sell the procharger and do the H.S kit for a profit lol. Those things run awesome too. Plus super easy to install. Just expensive. Depending on your power already it may or may not be worth it.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:36 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by 02LS1ram
Looks good man. I've been thinking bout selling my procharger kit and trying this out. Been kicking the idea around. What bov and wastegate are you using. Also what did u pay for the pt7675. Ive read that those turbos make pretty good power.

If you are serious, shoot me a pm. id love to make you an offer that will be hard to refuse.

Casey
Huron Speed

YOUR SOURCE FOR ALL THINGS TURBO!
CASEY@HURONSPEED.COM
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
TWITTER @HURONSPEED
Old 08-03-2012, 03:37 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

sick z i like your car alot! do you ever go to no ets at milan or woodward or anything? just wondering where i can watch a huron speed car in action!

also, if you willing shoot me a pm with some numbers. im curious how that turbo worked out.

YOUR SOURCE FOR ALL THINGS TURBO!
CASEY@HURONSPEED.COM
TWITTER @HURONSPEED
Old 08-03-2012, 04:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any info on the rest of yor setup? Stick or auto ? size of motor and is it forged? cam heads etc

Congrats on getting it running. I have the same turbo but have not bought a kit yet
Old 08-03-2012, 06:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1sick-Z
Got the turbo for 1000$ used. I am using a Tial BOV and a Turbonetics Wastegate. Alot of people use the On3 stuff which seems to be working well too and alot more budget friendly.

Well over 600 wheel right now (dont want to be to specific)and this thing NEVER QUITS pulling. I am at like 9-11 psi and it never runs out of steam. I have no times but to give you an idea I had a 2.8 KB cobra making 620wheel gapped from 40-110-120 I let off at 5500 in 3rd gear and couldnt hear the loud *** kb screaming next to me. Needless to say I absolutley love this turbo. You could probably sell the procharger and do the H.S kit for a profit lol. Those things run awesome too. Plus super easy to install. Just expensive. Depending on your power already it may or may not be worth it.

That's why I asked what you were using in the above. I know that you need to spend money in certain areas. As far as the procharger goes, I do love it and the sound. But I wanna try something else. I've always loved turbo cars. I could probaly sell and make a profit but I doubt that will happen. Lol I would like to stay right around 10-11psi for know then finish up my other motor. Thanks for the info and HS you got a pm
Old 08-03-2012, 07:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by offaxis
any info on the rest of yor setup? Stick or auto ? size of motor and is it forged? cam heads etc

Congrats on getting it running. I have the same turbo but have not bought a kit yet

I do not know who sees this so I have to be careful there are still some people I want to have fun with this year lol.

c.i is somewhere between 331 and 390. LSA CTS V heads, LS9 cam. Stock internals.

Car is a 6 speed on a 2 bar speed density tune.

No track times or numbers yet. Really more of a street car for now.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Huron Speed
If you are serious, shoot me a pm. id love to make you an offer that will be hard to refuse.

Casey
Huron Speed

He will do it to. Be careful or you will be building a turbo soon. lol. This turbo kit was almost irrestiable.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:02 PM
10 Second Club

I do not know who sees this so I have to be careful there are still some people I want to have fun with this year lol.

c.i is somewhere between 331 and 390. LSA CTS V heads, LS9 cam. Stock internals.

I hear ya man. These turbo cars ride dirty over alot of stuff on the street. My APS car is in a few videos in this section handing beat downs to some 800-1000 hp cars on the hwy and it was an auto. I have a new build going down with a junkyard 5.3 and the 7675 turbo. IVe heard only good things about it so im checking out all the results i can find.. have fun and post some vids if you get some action
Old 08-03-2012, 08:12 PM
On The Tree

What did you use for fans? How did you go about wiring them? Fuel system what did you use? Looks like you used pushlock hose..that wont be a problem? I'm doing the same kit!
Old 08-03-2012, 08:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sounds like u have some street racing in mexico going on lol.
I totally down to go turbo. If I have any other questions I'll pm u thanks for the help
Old 08-03-2012, 08:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by offaxis
I hear ya man. These turbo cars ride dirty over alot of stuff on the street. My APS car is in a few videos in this section handing beat downs to some 800-1000 hp cars on the hwy and it was an auto. I have a new build going down with a junkyard 5.3 and the 7675 turbo. IVe heard only good things about it so im checking out all the results i can find.. have fun and post some vids if you get some action

Dude that car moved OUT!! Big time why change it up?
Old 08-03-2012, 09:27 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Very nice Matt! Thanks for the thread, we appreciate it. Very nice job on the install, now go enjoy!

Jon

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Old 08-04-2012, 09:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by jak2908
What did you use for fans? How did you go about wiring them? Fuel system what did you use? Looks like you used pushlock hose..that wont be a problem? I'm doing the same kit!
I am using a single 18" proform. 2100 cfm. I have it wired just to be on all the time. Works just fine.

For the fuel system I am using dual Gss340s Y'd to a -10 with a -6 return.

Pushloc hose is just fine. It is actually Earls Super Stock but its made by Parker. I tested a piece of 3/8 with a fitting pushed in 3/4 of the way chucked up in a mounted vice really tight and I hung on it. Than had my 250lb friend hang on it to the point where the hose tore but the fitting never budged.

Once that pushloc is on its on for good. I didnt have a problem with it. Seen it used plenty of times and did my own test for piece of mind.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:52 AM
On The Tree

Where is your return line coming off of the rails? Look like stock so I'm kinda confused. And one more thing for now, lol, what did you all do for evacuating crankcase pressure?
Old 08-04-2012, 12:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

The hose off my rails is for a fuel pressure sending unit for my gauge. The regulator is under the car and returns off the bottom port.

For crankcase pressure I have a breather on driver side valve cover. A breather on the oil fill cap. And I have my intake pulling from the ls3 valley cover with a check valve and catchcan in line.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nice build!!! It's cool to see all the other Huron Speed kits starting to show up.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:14 PM
On The Tree

I'm awfully confused about your fueling. Not sure if cause im hung over or what lol. I guess I completely forgot about it being non return less stock and now don't know what I'm gonna do because I wasn't going to do lines yet..just a walbro 450

Quick Reply: Huron Speed turbo + PT7675 WS6