Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

lq4 s10 + twin 70's

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 07:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by T76s10
Thanks john!! That clears things up allot. Should have it running tomorrow. What base fuel pressure were you running on it when you had it?
5.5lbs of fuel pressure, under boost your reg should be a 1 to 1 ratio, this is hard to follow under acceleration, theres just to much going on, i would recommend a lm2 data logger and record fuel pressure along with boost, rpm and of course afr, they are the cats ***.
Old 03-15-2014, 09:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by n2o4myfix
5.5lbs of fuel pressure, under boost your reg should be a 1 to 1 ratio, this is hard to follow under acceleration, theres just to much going on, i would recommend a lm2 data logger and record fuel pressure along with boost, rpm and of course afr, they are the cats ***.
I'll definately have to look into it. Data logging sounds is nice that should make things a ton easier for tuning. Did you ever record your intake air temps? I really want to know what they are but I can't find a gauge to record them
Old 03-16-2014, 02:00 AM

would you possibly be able to tell me what accessories you have to use to make it fit in the bay? such as waterpump, alt, etc..
Old 03-16-2014, 11:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by juS10tin
would you possibly be able to tell me what accessories you have to use to make it fit in the bay? such as waterpump, alt, etc..
I'm just running an alternator. With skinny tires turning the truck isn't hard at all and I'm still using factory power steering box. My rad and electric water pump are in the bed of my truck. Makes life easier.
Old 03-16-2014, 06:07 PM
Teching In

I'll definately have to look into it. Data logging sounds is nice that should make things a ton easier for tuning. Did you ever record your intake air temps? I really want to know what they are but I can't find a gauge to record them
I recorded my iat's with one of these http://www.ebay.com/itm/DIGITAL-EGT-THERMOMETER-PYROMETER-W-Probe-/190286130870?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c4defeeb6&vxp=mtr. I used this to record exhaust temps in my bbc on nitrous, when i switch to ls and turbo charging i thought it would be waste to not use it at all so i stuck it into the intercooling plumbing after the turbo, i was recording 280 degree tempts without meth and 180 degree temps with meth injection. If i were to record ait's today i would use one of these http://www.ebay.com/itm/AEM-AIR-INLET-TEMPERATURE-AIT-SENSOR-KIT-30-2010-/310324919518?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4840ce7cde&vxp=mtr and figure out the parameters for the lm2, looks like it uses the typical 5v input, should work great.
Old 03-17-2014, 01:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

I recorded my iat's with one of these http://www.ebay.com/itm/DIGITAL-EGT-THERMOMETER-PYROMETER-W-Probe-/190286130870?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c4defeeb6&vxp=mtr. I used this to record exhaust temps in my bbc on nitrous, when i switch to ls and turbo charging i thought it would be waste to not use it at all so i stuck it into the intercooling plumbing after the turbo, i was recording 280 degree tempts without meth and 180 degree temps with meth injection. If i were to record ait's today i would use one of these http://www.ebay.com/itm/AEM-AIR-INLET-TEMPERATURE-AIT-SENSOR-KIT-30-2010-/310324919518?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4840ce7cde&vxp=mtr and figure out the parameters for the lm2, looks like it uses the typical 5v input, should work great.
Ok so you would have to use that aem sensor with the lm2. Does the lm2 only read iat's or does it do air to fuel also? Because I already have a wideband just need the intake air temps. I found something called a racepak thermocouple that will measure iat's but have no clue how much it costs.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

It runs but I have to sit there and crank on it for like 20 seconds. I'm giving it **** tons of fuel but just takes light years to finally start. Have no clue what the deal is. Other than that I have **** ton of radiator fluid leaks so I need to take all the stainless apart and pressure test and fix all them. I have allot of fuel leaks from the flare fittings on aluminum tubing. Probably going to get rid of all the aluminum **** and just do pure an hose. Sick of dealing with 30,000 ******* leaks
Old 03-18-2014, 06:10 PM
Teching In

It runs but I have to sit there and crank on it for like 20 seconds. I'm giving it **** tons of fuel but just takes light years to finally start. Have no clue what the deal is. Other than that I have **** ton of radiator fluid leaks so I need to take all the stainless apart and pressure test and fix all them. I have allot of fuel leaks from the flare fittings on aluminum tubing. Probably going to get rid of all the aluminum **** and just do pure an hose. Sick of dealing with 30,000 ******* leaks
The lm2 is primarily for recording afr's, with the rpm cable (sold seperate) lets you record afr along with rpms and up to 5 or 6 other channels that the sky is the limit as you you want to data log, I just go for the important stuff like fuel pressure, boost, rpms, iat's, it shows real time and records it and shows you a graph of what everything is doing at what rpm. If your motor is starting hard, make sure you check that the pump squirters are shooting fuel out of them, sometimes from sitting the little rubber check valve will stick shut and wont let fuel through, there under the accelerator pump diaphragms.
Old 03-19-2014, 11:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

The lm2 is primarily for recording afr's, with the rpm cable (sold seperate) lets you record afr along with rpms and up to 5 or 6 other channels that the sky is the limit as you you want to data log, I just go for the important stuff like fuel pressure, boost, rpms, iat's, it shows real time and records it and shows you a graph of what everything is doing at what rpm. If your motor is starting hard, make sure you check that the pump squirters are shooting fuel out of them, sometimes from sitting the little rubber check valve will stick shut and wont let fuel through, there under the accelerator pump diaphragms.
I took the hat off and it's squirting fuel in there pretty good. I need to hook it up to the laptop to diagnose it. Need to run a better ground and possibly a bigger power wire. Already swapped out cam sensors but that didn't work. I got a spare crank sensor I'm going to try
Old 03-29-2014, 10:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Got it running and starting good now. Got a couple fuel drips I have to take care of, the tachometer isn't reading anything, and I'm hearing a clunking sound from the passenger side. Gonna pull the valve cover and see if it's from the valve train and pull the plugs. Might do a pressure test. If it ends up being bad I'll scramble to find another 5.3 for cheap and swap it in quick.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Truck is for sale. $6500obo. It overheats after a few miles and carb needs tuning bad. It runs really rich. Plugs are fouled so it breaks up under acceleration. Trades will be considered. Call or text me 218-206-4894
Old 07-29-2014, 08:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Don't have time or money to skrew with it. I'm moving in a month and can't bring it with

Quick Reply: lq4 s10 + twin 70's