Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

what is next???

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 09:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question what is next???

Here we go, I have an 05 c6 A-4. ECS blower cam, l92 heads, ferra race valves, l76 intake, kooks headers, corsa sport exhaust, p1sc procharger, and a inner cooler. i was running 6lbs of boost, and made 600rwhp. i put a smaller pully on that was rated for 10 lbs of boost, and installed a snow performance water meth max mpg. i took the car to the tuner and it would build about 5-6 lbs of boost and then trickle off never reaching anything more than that. i took it home and removed the pluming only to find oil in the piping... did a little research and installed a catch can, and a crank case breather and the problem was gone dealing with the oil. the issue i am still having is my boost wont go past 5lbs. i purchased a new bypass valve and the problem still exists. i think my procharger is somehow bleeding off pressure. i made a boost pressure tester, and i couldn't build up any pressure using my compressor. i am willing to accept any advice you could give.

thx
Old 09-04-2012, 11:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was going to say belt slip, but you say you are checking if it holds pressure and it doesnt so that rules that out for the moment. Check for a hole in a coupler, cracked or possible hole in a charge pipe, and check it your intercooler holds pressure. You could have a combination of issues. How much smaller was the new pulley?

Quick Reply: what is next???