Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Holley EFI boost Control!?! Where is it?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 06:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Holley EFI boost Control!?! Where is it?

I'd love for some real info on the progress of this from Holley, like real info none of that were working on it non committal doctor talk. What's a timeline, what are the holdups, goals. We are the bread and butter consumer. I'm using an AEM Tru-Boost because of the lack of interface! Most of us (me included). Have done the coil dance and ended up with the brick sized coils, don't get me started on the locating a plug and play harness!

A lot of us bought this under a "one box solves all" concept..... Hell I could have put a megasquirt, msd spark control, and ams-1000 in my car if wanted to. The Holley has some really great features so............ Let's see them.

Holley? Uncle Robin?

Andy
Old 09-13-2012, 07:17 PM
On The Tree

x2 on that.
I heard they have been doing some track testing while ago but never heard any thing after that.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I as well as some others have the beta version and have been helping them out with testing and refining the inferface. It has alot options and adjustments/saftey measures. Top notch so far and is leaps and bounds better than an ams 1000.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The beta version of what exactly?
Old 09-13-2012, 10:52 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the post, any info is great. Holley as a company rolling out the efi has been less than stellar. But, its a very capable unit for the price! They just seem to be doing a lot of R&D in the process. Does the boost control require CO2?
Old 09-14-2012, 01:25 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 148 Likes on 96 Posts

I'm about to buy one myself..... but have been holding out for some of the upgrades/future options Holley has been promising for years....

Hire some more engineers and get it done if you can't tackle it in house
Old 09-14-2012, 05:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LT1 ANDY
Thanks for the post, any info is great. Holley as a company rolling out the efi has been less than stellar. But, its a very capable unit for the price! They just seem to be doing a lot of R&D in the process. Does the boost control require CO2?
You can use co2 if you want but its not required. Id put up screen shots and tell more about the software and what it can do but im unsure if im suppost to without their permission. Its a full featured boost controller that has lots of types of control not just boost over time like an ams 100.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:06 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by silver_82
You can use co2 if you want but its not required. Id put up screen shots and tell more about the software and what it can do but im unsure if im suppost to without their permission. Its a full featured boost controller that has lots of types of control not just boost over time like an ams 100.
Go for it!

Remember what is posted is a BETA and things can change on the final release.
The current version is a little complicated for the average tuner and we will probably develop some PID's to make the initial setup easier.

Doug is on the Hot Rod Power Tour this week utilizing every option on his Holley Dominator EFI.

Trans Control, Water Meth injection, Nitrous as well as Boost Control.

Robin
Old 09-14-2012, 01:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Robin L
Go for it!

Remember what is posted is a BETA and things can change on the final release.
The current version is a little complicated for the average tuner and we will probably develop some PID's to make the initial setup easier.

Doug is on the Hot Rod Power Tour this week utilizing every option on his Holley Dominator EFI.

Trans Control, Water Meth injection, Nitrous as well as Boost Control.

Robin

Hell yeah, please, post some up
Old 09-14-2012, 02:28 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I need all the info I can get. I'm just about ready to fire up my car (finally) and I would like to see what's going on with the new beta release.

BTW Robin you probably know my car. It's sitting at Mike's shop.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default holley boost control sneek peek

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 09-14-2012, 07:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default holley boost control sneek peek

heres some screen shots, as you can see its got lots of different ways to control boost, via time, gear, rpm, manual, speed, ect. has built in saftey limits, can control the increase in boost by pwm only, dome only, and dome+manifold which is 2 controllers interlaced.

I know its hard to wait but its going to be worth it, by far the best and most complete boost controller on the market, and it has lots more features that I havent shown, and my favorite part of the holley efi system is the inputs and outputs, and how they can be used to control everything on the car. If your thinking about buying a standalone dowload the free software and play with it. its very user friendly. And it works perfectly with 24x sensors, go ask someone with a BS3 if they had the same luck.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Cool. And if you don't use C02, how do you control the gates?
Old 09-14-2012, 10:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

The source supply pressure is the compressor discharge port in that case. Thats how im using it. C02 is nice but i didnt want to have to buy a bottle and run a line when this way works perfect for me

If you want to put pressure on top of the gate to force the valve closed u can command it but you wont have any until you have some boost built.
Old 09-15-2012, 03:38 AM
9 Second Club

Received 178 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by LSmonster
Cool. And if you don't use C02, how do you control the gates?
Exactly the same way any boost control setup works. With compressed air from the turbocharger.

Using a higher pressure source can have benefits if you need to do very specific things with boost control. Which about 90% of people do not need.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:27 AM
On The Tree

good to hear but is there any launch time?
Old 09-15-2012, 10:33 AM
TECH Veteran

Is their a separate fuel and timing table for launch control with this?
Old 09-15-2012, 02:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JAX04
Is their a separate fuel and timing table for launch control with this?
they have a boost builder function that has fixed timing and fueling but not a separate table.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:29 PM
TECH Veteran

when you say fixed, meaning we can only pick one value for each while its activated, then once you,say release, the trans brake it reverts back to base tables?
Old 09-15-2012, 02:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JAX04
when you say fixed, meaning we can only pick one value for each while its activated, then once you,say release, the trans brake it reverts back to base tables?
Thats the way it looks, I dont use that function though so Im not entirely sure how it works or its purpose

Quick Reply: Holley EFI boost Control!?! Where is it?