Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

KY-Turbo Inc Update 10/3/2012

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 10:22 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default KY-Turbo Inc Update 10/3/2012

I haven't made many updates in awhile. Since the break in back in March of this year alot has changed at KY-Turbo Inc. there is still alot of things left to fix and alot of things in the balance.

I am still building Turbo setups. I am still catching up on alot of things. Money is tight most of the time. Its just part of it. I have a new website in the works. Geared more towards parts sales. Mostly Turbos and Turbo related Components to start off with.

We are trying to work our way to where we were before the break in occurred. It has proven to be a very slow and stressful process. Work has been slow, but progress is being made a little at a time. It has been a tough thing to deal with.

I am sure I have my fair share of doubters out there. I know I have a fair share of guys that are supporting me no matter what. I thank them for that as much as possible and appreciate it more than they know.

At the end of the day I put my Wife and 2 little boys first. They will and always will take priority over the shop. That will never change.

I look to wrap up 2012 as a best I can. I look to see 2013 being the best year yet.

I will be using our shop Facebook page to do updates. Link is below:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/KY-Tur...32451646785551

Feel free to check it out.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:26 AM
TECH Resident

Praying for you guys man!

Lionel in Nashville.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:41 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good luck man, your kit is still rocking out on my car out here in Chicago.
Alex
Old 10-03-2012, 11:09 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

josh, you have been in pickles before, and you made them right, even when it wasnt your fault. I applaud you! youll get through this!
Old 10-03-2012, 12:24 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Good to hear from you Josh.

Keep your head up bubba(in my truest josh voice)
Old 10-03-2012, 01:28 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Keep your head up Josh. Thanks for the update man. Hope things get better for you!!!
Old 10-03-2012, 01:44 PM
Staging Lane

In Stone Cold's words,,, OH HELL YEAH! Happy to see things are progressing at the shop Josh! The down but never out mentality is the way I know you're the guy who people have come to trust in over the years bro. I myself am prepping my bro's cars to come see you very soon and finally take over these Texas streets! May God Bless and Keep You and Your Family.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Glad to hear things are looking up. Thanks for all you do...keep it up!!!
Old 10-03-2012, 03:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Kit is still going strong on my car Josh! In the market for another one, when you're good to go let me know! All the best to you and your family.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 74 Likes on 40 Posts

Glad to see youre still at it and your chin is up! My car will have a KYTP kit on it when it comes time for an upgrade. Best of luck.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Josh@KY-Turbo
I haven't made many updates in awhile. Since the break in back in March of this year alot has changed at KY-Turbo Inc. there is still alot of things left to fix and alot of things in the balance.

I am still building Turbo setups. I am still catching up on alot of things. Money is tight most of the time. Its just part of it. I have a new website in the works. Geared more towards parts sales. Mostly Turbos and Turbo related Components to start off with.

We are trying to work our way to where we were before the break in occurred. It has proven to be a very slow and stressful process. Work has been slow, but progress is being made a little at a time. It has been a tough thing to deal with.

I am sure I have my fair share of doubters out there. I know I have a fair share of guys that are supporting me no matter what. I thank them for that as much as possible and appreciate it more than they know.

At the end of the day I put my Wife and 2 little boys first. They will and always will take priority over the shop. That will never change.

I look to wrap up 2012 as a best I can. I look to see 2013 being the best year yet.

I will be using our shop Facebook page to do updates. Link is below:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/KY-Tur...32451646785551

Feel free to check it out.
Good luck Josh! Nice talking to you over the years!

Dan Saitz
Old 10-04-2012, 12:16 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

Josh,

Are you helping Harold out at all?
Old 10-04-2012, 11:09 PM
9 Second Club

Received 221 Likes on 164 Posts

Josh has already stated several times that he is going to make everything right. You can only do what you have money for. I know the people waiting on parts/money or whatever dont want to wait and I dont blame them. It sucks for all parties involved but in the end I have all the faith in the world Josh will take care of everyone.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:25 PM
11 Second Club

Josh has always been there for me, and gone above and beyond for me... hes a true bro, I just sent him a bunch of cash for a turbo kit
Old 10-30-2012, 04:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Any luck finding the SOB's who did this?
Old 10-30-2012, 04:28 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Golf&GM
Any luck finding the SOB's who did this?
Soo what exactly happend?
Old 10-31-2012, 07:35 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Josh,

Are you helping Harold out at all?
Said you'd help out Harold, have you done anything for him?
Old 11-01-2012, 02:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by pro stock john
josh,

are you helping harold out at all?
Originally Posted by pro stock john
said you'd help out harold, have you done anything for him?

John I have a long list of people to get square with. You are not one of them. I will not discuss this with you any further.

Just as "minytrker" said above. It sucks for all parties involved. Money only goes so far. I have a long road ahead of me. I didn't just close the doors and walk away, and believe me I was advised to do so. I am determined to work my way out of the mess I was thrown in. The break in changed alot of things for my business and my life in general. I am dealing with it.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:20 PM
TECH Regular

It's a difficult and highly unfortunate for situation for everyone that's involved all the way around as everyone has said. Josh has been a close friend of mine for years now. I don't know many shops that could take the financial hit that Josh and the customers took.

From Josh's point, the lapse in the insurance coverage was very costly. He has said time and time again that he is working diligently to dig himself out of this hole. Look at it this way, how many of you could lose $60,000 worth of tools, equipment, parts, cameras, guns, etc and still be able to survive day to day. Josh's stuff got taken as well in the break in.

How do you choose who's car gets done first and so on and so fourth? Well I can tell you this, without money continuing to come in, the shop would cease to exist. Money has to go out to operate on meaning that profit made from new customers is used to purchase parts back for customers that were affected.

All this being said, it's very difficult to work on a car that is no longer inside the shop. I don't know the full details, but I do know Harold picked up his car with the twin kit on the car. I know part of the hotside was cut and the turbos were stolen along with some other items. Does Harold want to keep that kit, last time I heard he was wanting a single turbo setup? If that's the case he should send that kit back to Josh where Josh could fix the kit and sell it to use the profit toward building Harold what he now wants.

I had items that were in the shop for my car that were taken as well.

This literally happened overnight, but it can't be fixed overnight.

I wish everyone involved the best of luck, but communication from the customer to Josh goes a long way.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:22 PM
Staging Lane

Well put Josh. I, being one of your customers was affected by this break in as well. Not once did I or have I had any less faith in you or KYTP. When I chose to have my dream car built, I called on the best and that will not change. Yes, there were people affected by this but do you think haggling the main person hit with this situation is going to inspire any confidence? If you were affected by this situation, WE ARE ALL in the same boat,,,but before anyone trash talks or tries to belittle anyone, remember why we called Josh in the first place. He's the best at what he does,,,period.

Quick Reply: KY-Turbo Inc Update 10/3/2012