Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Speed Engineering Offering "Whipple Superchargers"!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 04:02 PM
Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Speed Engineering Offering "Whipple Superchargers"!!

Being a local business to Whipple Industries we have had 15yrs. of business & personal experience installing Whipple Superchargers. Whipple compressors are one of the most efficient screw compressors on the market today. Feel free to give us a call for install quotes..

Whipple Truck & Suv Systems

Whipple 2010+ Camaro Systems

Whipple 2005-12 Corvette Systems

We offer even further kit discounts away from ebay. Send us a PM, or give us a call for details.

Sean

Last edited by Speed Engineering; 04-11-2013 at 11:32 AM.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:13 PM
8 Second Club

Received 944 Likes on 700 Posts

Just curious since your ad states the Whipple outflows and is more efficient then 1.9L competition. However on the chart it says the 2.9L only makes 595whp through a manual trans on 12PSI with 94 octane/Torco on a 6.2L. I made more then that with a little TVS1900 on 12PSI through a TH400 on 93 pump gas, stock block/heads 6.0L.

I would think it would make more power per PSI if it was more efficient and outflowed as advertised.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:37 PM
Sponsor

There are too many variables to your argument to talk numbers. The reference we made was to the compressors themselves.

Thanks
Sean
Old 10-03-2012, 10:33 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Speed Engineering
There are too many variables to your argument to talk numbers. The reference we made was to the compressors themselves.

Thanks
Sean
So your saying my statement that a car with a bigger blower, bigger engine, running on higher octane, and more efficient drivetrain made less power then a smaller blower, smaller engine, lower octane, and less efficient drivetrain at the same boost level isnt good enough to talk numbers? It shouldnt even be a contest...

I need to decide between a TVS2300, Whipple 2.9, and F-1 for an LS7 headed stroker. If you cant provide facts how do you expect people to part with their cash?

Do you have compressor maps, or a better example that shows the whipple is as efficient as the advertisement claims? Otherwise it seems the TVS2300 or F-1 are better options. I hadn't even considered whipple in my decisions until I noticed your post, but looking at the details left me lacking.

Thanks for your time...
Old 10-04-2012, 04:59 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does whipple offer a kit for the Pontiac G8? If so please pm me a price.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:00 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Boosted One
Does whipple offer a kit for the Pontiac G8? If so please pm me a price.
I havent seen one from my brief search... I was looking at a Corvette version to adapt. G8 and the vette share the same beltline, the rest should be easy to make work.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:41 AM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by SLOW SEDAN
So your saying my statement that a car with a bigger blower, bigger engine, running on higher octane, and more efficient drivetrain made less power then a smaller blower, smaller engine, lower octane, and less efficient drivetrain at the same boost level isnt good enough to talk numbers? It shouldnt even be a contest...

I need to decide between a TVS2300, Whipple 2.9, and F-1 for an LS7 headed stroker. If you cant provide facts how do you expect people to part with their cash?

Do you have compressor maps, or a better example that shows the whipple is as efficient as the advertisement claims? Otherwise it seems the TVS2300 or F-1 are better options. I hadn't even considered whipple in my decisions until I noticed your post, but looking at the details left me lacking.

Thanks for your time...
Yes, we are not going to compare numbers, there are to many variables. Without each car on the same dyno, looking at load, timing, fuel type, AFR, drive-train loss, boost, IAT's, etc. there is no way to compare accurately. We can make the same car vary in HP dramatically with a few small changes on the dyno.

As for the compressors I never said anything about flow, or different types of blowers for that matter. We have run all three blowers on trucks, and cars. If your looking for over all top end HP go with the Procharger. Our reference is only to the efficiency of the Whipple blower compared to other screw/roots style compressors.

Boosted One: I am not aware of a G8 kit. However, they have several different kits that you could make fit with both square port & cathedral port heads.

Thank you
Sean
Old 10-04-2012, 12:56 PM
8 Second Club

Yes, we are not going to compare numbers, there are to many variables. Without each car on the same dyno, looking at load, timing, fuel type, AFR, drive-train loss, boost, IAT's, etc. there is no way to compare accurately. We can make the same car vary in HP dramatically with a few small changes on the dyno.

As for the compressors I never said anything about flow, or different types of blowers for that matter. We have run all three blowers on trucks, and cars. If your looking for over all top end HP go with the Procharger. Our reference is only to the efficiency of the Whipple blower compared to other screw/roots style compressors.

Boosted One: I am not aware of a G8 kit. However, they have several different kits that you could make fit with both square port & cathedral port heads.

Thank you
Sean
Fair enough... you dont have a trap speed and weight for that example car do you? To me that tells a better story anyways.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:00 PM
Sponsor

We just snagged the numbers directly off of Whipples site. Not sure who's vehicle it was.

Thanks
Sean
Old 10-04-2012, 01:14 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sean,

Keep doing what you're doing man...

Guys... stop railing him about the claims, he is a reseller, not the manufacturer... take it up with Whipple, they publish this stuff on their website. I have a few friends running Whipple, the units are freaking badass, easy to install and work, enough said.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:40 PM
8 Second Club

We just snagged the numbers directly off of Whipples site. Not sure who's vehicle it was.

Thanks
Sean
Gotcha, makes sense.

Originally Posted by 67Firebird455
Sean,

Guys... stop railing him about the claims, he is a reseller, not the manufacturer... take it up with Whipple, they publish this stuff on their website. I have a few friends running Whipple, the units are freaking badass, easy to install and work, enough said.
Not railing him, just curious. I like details, when looking for a maggie everyone said to get a 2300 and the 1900 is no good. But after looking at compressor maps, flow numbers, and other details I found that I could make 700hp easily with essentially no lag, and I did. However this time it doesnt make sense to go small when I have an extra 100ci to feed.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:50 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SLOW SEDAN
Gotcha, makes sense.

Not railing him, just curious. I like details, when looking for a maggie everyone said to get a 2300 and the 1900 is no good. But after looking at compressor maps, flow numbers, and other details I found that I could make 700hp easily with essentially no lag, and I did. However this time it doesnt make sense to go small when I have an extra 100ci to feed.
Gotcha man. Big difference having an extra 100ci to feed! =)
Old 10-04-2012, 05:57 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by 67Firebird455
Sean,

Thanks for the comment...

SLOW SEDAN: Whipple also makes a 3.3L & 4.0L blower they put on the sand-rails/Hot Rods. Those kits are much cheaper, and you can select the the type of accessory system it adapts do.

3.3L Compressor
5699.00 6 Rib Kit(Black)
5999.00 10 Rib Kit (Black)
(The 10 rib requires an ATI balancer to make it work)

4.0L Compressor
6399.00 6 Rib Kit
6699.00 10 Rib Kit

Theses systems do not include: Fuel System, Tuning, Air System, & Intercooler system other than the core under the blower.

You might see if you can get ahold of compressor maps etc. If I remember right, I believe they can push upwards of 800-1000hp.

Sean
Old 10-12-2012, 02:34 PM
Sponsor

Been searching around for compressor maps, not very easy to find. But, I thought I would share what I found to illustrate the difference in compressors.

Whipple: 2.9L Compressor Max RPM/CFM 18,000/1720
Magnacharger: TVS 1900 Max RPM/CFM 18,000/1250

I know Whipple isn't in a graph format to figure out low rpm CFM etc, but thought the difference in numbers would speak for itself.

Whipple:

Magnacharger:
Old 10-27-2012, 05:33 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Whipple Corvette is a direct bolt on kit that fits on the G8.
Only problem is hood clearance. Drop the sub frame slightly and it fits.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:19 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What kit would you use if you wanted to put one in an older car with ls like a first gen camaro?Im guessing one of the universal kits?
Old 10-29-2012, 09:49 PM
Staging Lane

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Just want to point out that GM chose to run whipples on the COPO's. I would assume the GM engineers did at least SOME R&D before they picked one...
Old 04-11-2013, 11:27 AM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by SUPERBOOST
What kit would you use if you wanted to put one in an older car with ls like a first gen camaro?Im guessing one of the universal kits?
Sorry, for the delay. Just saw this. Yes, I believe you can get the 2010+ camaro kit with cathedral style ports, and correct offset. The only thing you will probably need to modify is the serpentine setup.

Thanks
Sean

Quick Reply: Speed Engineering Offering "Whipple Superchargers"!!