Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

ls2 TT noob questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 12:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls2 TT noob questions

I have ls3 heads on the ls2.. I understands it lowers compression. I had my heads milled 15thous, I have slightly thinner head gaskets and arp studs 228/232 114lsa cam.. Which plugs should I run? Car currently have stock ls7 plugs.. I have a spare set of ls2 plugs. Does a lower compression engine handle boost better?. With said set up think it'll hold 14psi fine? Next question.. Fuel set up.. I bought re-sized ls9 injectors to 65lbs @ 43.5psi/74lbs @ 58psi.. Other than that stock pump/rails.. I plan on running as much boost until either it max the stock corvette fuel pump out or comes to 12-14psi.. With this being said... I would rather run e85 instead of 93. How far will I be able to push e85 on the stock fuel pump with said injectors or should I stay with 93... Last bit of questions.. With a TT kit... There's an oil scavenger pump for the oil return.. Well while installing the kit I got a wild hair telling me to buy another oil scavenger pump and 2 trans/engine oil coolers.. Idea of this.. Put a pump on the oil feed to push oil from the bottom of the engine to the oil cooler to the turbo, after the turbos the oil will then meet another oil cooler an then yet another pump to finally reach the vavle cover. I think it'll be good idea to push oil fast as possible and there's no "overkill" on keeping the oil cooler.. I have a meling hi flow oil pump but do you think I can do without another oil scavenger pump other than oil return.. Keep in mind the oil will need to be push to the front of the car and then back behind the front tires on both sides.. I been doing research on a lot of this but I really can get good answers.

Quick Reply: ls2 TT noob questions