Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

help with twin turbo chevelle

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 05:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with twin turbo chevelle

Hey guys, Was wondering if you could help me out. I have a 67 chevelle, I have a build thread going on in the conversions section. Anyways. I have a complete 06 lq4 with a 4l80e that im going to be swaping in. I already got the dougs adapter plates, and energy suspension mounts all mounted. My plans for the car is a badass street cruiser. Something fun to drive and enjoy. Not looking to build a track car, so dont need a 1000hp. But want something unique for my area, and some shock value when I go to the "lot" (hangout for hotrodders)on the weekends. I started out picking up parts to build a n/a motor to push a mild 400whp. I bought a set of ls6 243 heads with behive springs, and a painless wire harness.

I did not get a fuel tank with the car, so I will need to get an aftermarket one??? my trunk floor is a little rusted, so i thought about seeing how hard it is to put an f-body or newer plastic tank and pump setup in the car.

I still needed to buy headers, and run a full exhaust. I didnt want to skimp on the major parts, so I was going to go stainless all the way.
probably, bigger cam, throttle body, injectors. All the necassary stuff anyways....

My question is should I trade my 243 heads and a ls2 intake I accumulated for a twin turbo setup? There is a guy local to me that is willing to do the swap. But I dont know anything about turbo's. Other than they are awesome, and I keep seeing the awesome builds on here and how much everyone loves them.

here is the link to the guys listing.
http://lansing.craigslist.org/pts/3408158875.html

I beleive he has a build thread on here also.

remember I dont need it to be insane fast. Just fun and not to unreliable, 6-8lbs of boost is fine to me
Old 11-20-2012, 06:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Those say T70 turbo's. If you want you can check out my build thread. I did my own 69 chevelle with twin turbo's and never had even welded before. It wasn't too bad. The turbo's alone would be worth it I would think if they are new for the swap. If the manifolds would work that would be cool but the stock truck manifolds flipped upside down would work just fine. All in all I think it would be a good swap because the stock heads on a 5.3 will also work fine. Pushed my chevelle to over 118mph in the 1/8th.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I was just reading an old issue of Car Craft May '11 I think.

There was a fellow running 10's with a LQ4/9 and a pair of PTE 5557TA Turbos with pump gas.

Good luck with your project, I love Musclecars with Modern drivetrains.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by N2OBaby
I was just reading an old issue of Car Craft May '11 I think.

There was a fellow running 10's with a LQ4/9 and a pair of PTE 5557TA Turbos with pump gas.

Good luck with your project, I love Musclecars with Modern drivetrains.
I went 10.90@130 with a bone stock 4l80e and converter. stock 2003 6.0l with injectors and an intake. 12psi. 3900lbs too!

Doesn't take much to have fun.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:41 PM
Staging Lane

Awesome guys, sounds like I shouldn't have a tough time making a fun quick street car.
Thanks for the comments!
Do those turbos seem sufficient for my purpose? Will they be to small, I'm assuming they should be alright for street cruising?

Quick Reply: help with twin turbo chevelle