Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Boost and rwhp

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 07:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Boost and rwhp

I have been playing with my manual boost controller (Yeah I'm cheap) getting my blazer dialed in and tuned, which now it's getting harder and harder to monitor readings due to RPM's increasing so fast. I started at 4psi wastegate spring to start tuning my VE table (120-128kpa, 10.8-11AFR) and spark advance (12.5-13 in boost) which I worked my way up to a solid 9lbs of boost.

Now that I feel comfortable with my 9lb tune I have been trying to start tuning on 12-13lbs of boost. On just a 4lb increase of boost pressure the blazer feels like a completely different animal haha. What rwhp have you guys seen from going 9lbs to 13lbs? I feel like my AFR and spark tables are ok (Increasing 160-205kpa VE tables substantially) but the problems I have now is datalogging safetly. I start rolling into the throttle in 3rd gear at 80mph and almost instantly roast the rear hides which is tought to stay in it and monitor readings at the same time.

Anyways, looking for anyone that has done dyno time vs rwhp increase based on boost changes.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:08 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

usually anywhere from 18- 25 rwhp per lb/boost , is what if seen on many many dyno runs. The closer you get to the efficiency range the higher hp.

Quick Reply: Boost and rwhp