Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Fuel Promblems, Turbo Camaro *NEED HELP*

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 11:06 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fuel Promblems, Turbo Camaro *NEED HELP*

Okay, as some of you know from my previous post, im the new owner of Stangkilr's "Silver Streak".. I removed my previous post because i thought i wanna gonna have to pull motor and rebuild short block, well that wasn't the case im gonna try to explain this in the chain of events they occured...

Come home one afternoon to my secondary pump ( Holley High Flow ) stuck on and fuel in the garage, i immediately unhooked the battery and the pump shut off.. I had a buddy come over and help with the issue, he ended up wiring up the car differently as he said it wasn't safe or correct. After that, i went to drive the car, everything seemed fine until when the car is under boost it cuts out, ( pulled off turbo and piping to fix hole in flex pipe as i didn't know if this could of caused the cutting out issue when in boost ) after that i went to data log the car one day backed it out of the garage and shut it off, went back out to start it and the motor was locked, pulled out plugs and #4 cylinder was full of fuel ( thought the injector stuck ), removed injectors and had them checked they come out to be fine, they said something possibly could of got in one and stuck it open, put injectors back in new plugs and changed oil and the car fires right up, thought i had everything lined back out.. Let the car run for about 10-15min the other day and shut it off, pulled the plugs out just to double check everything.. All plugs are wet with fuel and fouled... Does anybody have any suggestions on what to look for or check? Keep in mind had ZERO issues with this car until that pump stuck on, i made a diagram on how my buddy re-wired the car up so maybe somebody to tell me if its correct or not, maybe the pumps are whats causing my fuel issue? Maybe the fuel is from when the injector stuck?

Fuel system:
Magnafuel Pro-tuner 750 fuel pump
Holley high flow in line pump on a switch
Sumped 98 metal tank
127lb injectors from FIC
Aeromotive race regulator

Plugs are NGK BR7EF Gapped at .020...

Anybody have any suggestions, i DO NOT have a/f so im not sure what AFR's are,

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Fuel Promblems, Turbo Camaro *NEED HELP*-diagram.jpg  
Old 01-06-2013, 12:39 AM
9 Second Club

They are just 4 prong relays and not 5? What turns the second pump on, the toggle switch?
Old 01-06-2013, 02:22 PM
Launching!

Correct 2nd pump is activiated by the toggle switch.. and the relays on the car are a 5 prong relay, but only 4 of the prongs are used, the middle prong isn't used..
Old 01-20-2013, 09:17 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So now it's loading up with a lot of fuel? Maybe a bad MAP sensor?
Old 01-20-2013, 09:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by StreetSilverado
So now it's loading up with a lot of fuel? Maybe a bad MAP sensor?
I would data log it and see what the map sensor is reading. Its very possible something is going hay wire and causing this.

Quick Reply: Fuel Promblems, Turbo Camaro *NEED HELP*