Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

UPDATE: test runs pg11 **Methanol 403 LsX -"Torque Stopper" intake 101mm Turbo '87 GN

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 02:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LSX buid

Since the motor is a GM performance crate motor, it comes with LS3 heads so I guess that's why the mid elbow wouldn't work. Will see how it comes out, I may have to change intakes. Was going to use E85 with Methanol Inj but, not sure if I should just use 116 with Methanol injection.
Old 03-23-2015, 07:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

update cough cough!
Old 03-23-2015, 08:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Reject
update cough cough!
sorry but nothing good to say or update. We did get the susp all finished, was able to make 4 test hits the first weekend out. We parked the car trailer in our shop for the weekend and that Monday morning a semi crashed through the building destroying the garage door and masonry work in front of where we park the trailer. Got lucky they didn't damage the trailer or car, but there was a 3mo battle with the trucking companies ins to fix the building. Mean while the trailer/car were trapped in our shop so no more testing was done last year. In late December I fell & re-injured my already bad back (7 herniated discs from a 2004 roll over car accident I was passenger in). I have not worked since the fall and it looks like I'll be having back surgery in a couple months. At this point it looks like there's a 0% chance of me driving the car this year, which really drives me crazy but I gotta fix me first.

On a side note, I already have a fiberglass front end w/hood and deck lid already & doing to order fiberglass doors and lex an kits, rear bumper section, maybe even the dash. Looking to drop around 500lbs all together (3891lbs race weight right now). I'll have plenty of time to get it ready for next season. Guess we will see.
Old 03-24-2015, 04:55 AM
9 Second Club

Received 181 Likes on 96 Posts

make sure you oil up that engine if it is going to sit that long methanol will corrode it up .
Old 03-24-2015, 08:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by yenkomike
make sure you oil up that engine if it is going to sit that long methanol will corrode it up .
Thank you, yes I run the engine on gas to to purge the meth out and drain the system before it goes in the trailer after every race. Then oil each cylinder because I never want to chance let it sit too long. We had blown Alky bbc dragsters back in the day so it's just normal maintance anymore.

Quick Reply: UPDATE: test runs pg11 **Methanol 403 LsX -"Torque Stopper" intake 101mm Turbo '87 GN