Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Basic P1SC install questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 07:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Basic P1SC install questions

hello. I know the first thing people will say is you are gonna want more so now that thats out of the way here we go.

I am looking at getting the procharger P1SC kit for my 02 trans am. I do not want to rebuild the engine so I am looking for the safe route. 5 PSI should be plenty for me. That being said how is the full kit from procharger tune and all. Any one install the kit right out of the box and run it that way? It was recommened to me to replace the valve springs as a precaution due to age, however the car only has 13k on it.

My expectations may be unrealistic but I just want a reliable bad *** ride.

Also as i am looking at assembling accessories for the install a A/F gauge seems to be a good idea, however I am confused as to the best way to install a wideband. I read that it should be installed before the cats, btw still running stock cats and manifolds corsa exhaust. Does this setup give you an accurate picture as it would only read one side of the engine?

As for the tune that comes with the kit, I know most will say that im leaving power on the table, but is it good. Can I run it that way and be OK.

Thanks for the help, most of my searches lead me to guys that are running over the top setups that I am not interested in.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BluePoncho
hello. I know the first thing people will say is you are gonna want more so now that thats out of the way here we go.

I am looking at getting the procharger P1SC kit for my 02 trans am. I do not want to rebuild the engine so I am looking for the safe route. 5 PSI should be plenty for me. That being said how is the full kit from procharger tune and all. Any one install the kit right out of the box and run it that way? It was recommened to me to replace the valve springs as a precaution due to age, however the car only has 13k on it.

My expectations may be unrealistic but I just want a reliable bad *** ride.

Also as i am looking at assembling accessories for the install a A/F gauge seems to be a good idea, however I am confused as to the best way to install a wideband. I read that it should be installed before the cats, btw still running stock cats and manifolds corsa exhaust. Does this setup give you an accurate picture as it would only read one side of the engine?

As for the tune that comes with the kit, I know most will say that im leaving power on the table, but is it good. Can I run it that way and be OK.

Thanks for the help, most of my searches lead me to guys that are running over the top setups that I am not interested in.
No offense to procharger, but running a tune that someone just sends you is a horrible idea. You either need to get a street tune from someone who knows what they're doing or go to a reputable dyno shop. For the a/f gauge people usually put it on the drivers side. The closer to the head the more accurate it will be. And it does need to be in front of the cats. I just took mine to the exhaust shop and had him weld it in and than I wired it up through the car. Main thing is to not skimp on the tune. This will cost you your engine within a few thousand miles if not right away if not done right. For parts you will need you might check out my "procharger budget build thread"

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...t-build-4.html

Quick Reply: Basic P1SC install questions