Turbo - Which intake & accessories

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 07:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo - Which intake & accessories

Hi all...

(2004 Mustang)

Working out the parts requirement for my mod motor to LS (LQ4) swap. I've seen many people say "truck intake" and a few people say that an LS1 intake is just as capable (more or less). I do prefer the looks of the LS1 intake to the truck intake.

I also see that there are a multitude of accessory brackets to choose from. So I thought I'd just ask if anyone has the right recipe for what I'd like. I'm not sure which brackets to use with which intake.

1) Prefer a low mount alternator (can I do this with a reverse manifold setup?). I've seen some reloc kits that put the alt on the right upper side, but they seem to sit abnormally high.
2) I have an older power master one wire alternator that I wouldn't mind using. Couldn't I get some sort of old hot rod generic alt bracket assembly?
3) No A/C required brackets
4) I'm going to keep my hydro-boost setup. Can I used the CBM bracket? Which pump is best to use with it? I do see that I need to decrease the line pressure from a chevy pump to the ford hydro-boost. That being said, I'd LOVE to find conversion brackets to run my ford pump on the gm motor.

Thanks!

Ed
Old 02-19-2013, 08:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Sounds like you need some aluminum plate and spacers to hang that alternator down low right off the block and fab a bracket for the Ford ps pump.

My personal preference is the newish Holley bracket which uses a cheap truck or Camaro alt and Corvette style type 2 ps pump. You can get any late model type 2 gm ps pump and use the vette resevoir and bracket. Look it up on Holleys site for pics.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:18 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks man... that helps a lot!

Quick Reply: Turbo - Which intake & accessories