Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Procharger Kit/tune?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 09:47 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Procharger Kit/tune?

Getting ready to pop for the 7 psi HO kit, P1SC. Going to change the fuel pump rather than use the supplied booster, not planning on going over 7 psi as I'm keeping the stock diff and am already 3:73. Just want some fun, not my first S/C vehicle. Would like to hear from others how this kit worked for you, the tune is supposed to be good and safe? Talked to Procharger tech support, very friendly of course but I would like to get some real world feedback. I also have UD pulleys, thinking of keeping them, Procharger says I can mount their pulley on the UD crank pulley? Is it as "turn key" as claimed? Replies much appreciated, thanks.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:14 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would go d1sc,just mo,i understand just wanting to add a lil to have a fun car but somewhere down the road you will get the itch for more,i would maybe base what your going to get on what has more room to grown into,
Old 02-23-2013, 11:08 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
I would go d1sc,just mo,i understand just wanting to add a lil to have a fun car but somewhere down the road you will get the itch for more,i would maybe base what your going to get on what has more room to grown into,
I know what your saying and we always want more! The thing is, I like to cruise, not into street racing and don't want to spend all day at the pump! More boost means more fuel, this kit is supposed to give 450whp, I would be very happy with that!
Old 02-23-2013, 02:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002 T/A
I know what your saying and we always want more! The thing is, I like to cruise, not into street racing and don't want to spend all day at the pump! More boost means more fuel, this kit is supposed to give 450whp, I would be very happy with that!
then why spend all that money for 450rwhp, when you could just do a decent heads and cam package, and make damn near the same power and probably be less hassle in the long run. money to spare.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:28 PM
Launching!

Really, I did check in to this and from what I read I could not get there with bolt ons?
Old 02-23-2013, 02:52 PM
Teching In

???? someone lied to you, its really easy to reach that goal
Old 02-23-2013, 03:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

450 is easy to get without a blower. If your gonna spend all that money get the D1SC and make 600 others wise bolt ons with heads and cam will be fine.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:31 PM
TECH Resident

A p1-sc will put you of a d-1sc either way you will need a forged motor. 825 vs 925 at crank might as well sell it and get a f series
Old 02-23-2013, 10:32 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Getting ready to pop for the 7 psi HO kit, P1SC. Going to change the fuel pump rather than use the supplied booster, not planning on going over 7 psi as I'm keeping the stock diff and am already 3:73. Just want some fun, not my first S/C vehicle. Would like to hear from others how this kit worked for you, the tune is supposed to be good and safe? Talked to Procharger tech support, very friendly of course but I would like to get some real world feedback. I also have UD pulleys, thinking of keeping them, Procharger says I can mount their pulley on the UD crank pulley? Is it as "turn key" as claimed? Replies much appreciated, thanks.
Perhaps I am wrong, but I've never seen an aftermarket under drive harmonic balancer that has the slots like the stock balancer for the 6 rib ProCharger crank pulley to fit into. If you want to see a copy of the ProCharger installation instructions, send me an e-mail to brutespeed@gmail.com requesting them. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 02-24-2013, 02:04 PM
Launching!

Thanks Bob, e-mailed last night. Would still like to hear from some who have put this kit on and how the Procharger tune worked?
Old 02-24-2013, 11:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Procharger is the easiest Type of FI to install IMO. As for the tune I would def not trust any kind of tune, but a dyno tune or a street tune done specifically for your car. Anything else is just a guess. Don't skimp out on the most important thing (the tune).
Old 02-25-2013, 11:41 AM
Launching!

I hear you and plan on getting it checked. From what I have been told from the distributer is that the tune Procharger provides is a finished tune? Procharger also says this, load it and your good to go! Now they also said that its very safe has room for tweeking but for the most part, tested and proven! This is why I would like to hear from someone who has bean through it :-)
Old 02-25-2013, 12:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I hear you and plan on getting it checked. From what I have been told from the distributer is that the tune Procharger provides is a finished tune? Procharger also says this, load it and your good to go! Now they also said that its very safe has room for tweeking but for the most part, tested and proven! This is why I would like to hear from someone who has bean through it :-)
Yes, but there is not any way to be exact. I guarantee the only reason procharger sells the tune kit is because they know a lot of people don't live to where they can get a real tune and would limit who they could sell to. There are so many variables in tuning there is no way to guess and be accurate. If your tune is just a little off with FI you are going to pop the motor. Get a real tune or go ahead and get the tune from procharger and than drive it to a dyno shop or to someone who street tunes as soon as possible. Idk if they just tune EXTREMELY conservative or what, but I still would not trust it. And I know you're still looking for someone that has actually ran a procharger tune. Hopefully someone who has experience with it will post up soon...
Old 02-25-2013, 05:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by sweet99ss
Yes, but there is not any way to be exact. I guarantee the only reason procharger sells the tune kit is because they know a lot of people don't live to where they can get a real tune and would limit who they could sell to. There are so many variables in tuning there is no way to guess and be accurate. If your tune is just a little off with FI you are going to pop the motor. Get a real tune or go ahead and get the tune from procharger and than drive it to a dyno shop or to someone who street tunes as soon as possible. Idk if they just tune EXTREMELY conservative or what, but I still would not trust it. And I know you're still looking for someone that has actually ran a procharger tune. Hopefully someone who has experience with it will post up soon...
Thanks man, I do have access to a tuner and would def verify the tune before leaning on it. This kit is being promoted as "turn key" for a stock LS1 which I am, so I want to know what you get for the money!
Old 02-25-2013, 10:55 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

We have installed dozens. There tunes are on the safe side and are set-up for stock vehicles with the Procharger kit only added. We have gotten to where we order the tuner kit and do our custom tunes in house if it is something we are installing or if the customer is local.
If you specify the mods you have they do have a few variants of tunes available.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:35 AM
Launching!

Ok, so I have no mods other than Magnaflow exhaust so stock! So I should be able to drive away happy and safe and likely rich? I can expect power and bad mileage under boost until I get it fine tuned?
Old 02-26-2013, 06:38 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

The ProCharger complete kit is 50 state certified, and comes with the carb sticker. This means it has passed California's very strict emission testing, so it is not going to be overly rich. It is a safe tune that many people install and never have the tune touched. Bob

Old 02-26-2013, 01:26 PM
Launching!

Thanks Bob, and it only makes sense to provide a turnkey kit with a warranty. Procharger told me that you could likely get another 30hp with a custom tune, I would be wondering about detonation on a hot day or a tank of iffy gas, is it really worth it if your not street racing?
Old 02-26-2013, 01:28 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Thanks Bob, and it only makes sense to provide a turnkey kit with a warranty. Procharger told me that you could likely get another 30hp with a custom tune, I would be wondering about detonation on a hot day or a tank of iffy gas, is it really worth it if your not street racing?
You're welcome. For what you are looking to do and to get out of the build, I feel the ProCharger supplied tune will do just fine. Bob

Old 02-26-2013, 01:32 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If the price difference is palatable I'd just go with a D1sc over the p1 just so that you have that headroom later if you so choose to take advantage of it.

Quick Reply: Procharger Kit/tune?