Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Oil pan question

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 09:21 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Oil pan question

I'm getting into the part of my turbo build where I am putting the short block together and I was wondering if any of you turbo guys are running an aftermarket oil pan. I could see the improved baffles being a plus as my goals with be low 6s and/or low 9s. I tried to do a couple of searches on a couple of different boards but could only find where people buy the aftermarket oil pans to put a LS motor into a non LS powered car. I was looking at the autokraft pan becuase I have seen a lot of good reviews on it and it is decently priced.

What oil pan are you guys running and what real world results do you have? Would I be better off staying with the stock oil pan or buy an aftermarket oil pan?
Old 02-28-2013, 08:02 AM
11 Second Club

Ttt. Got a couple of views but no input?
Old 02-28-2013, 08:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i was considering this as well in my near future. Apparently the guys doing 1.3 1.2 and lower 60 foots say the oil all pushes to the back of the pan and causes a shortage to be available when taking off, and the aftermarket oil pans hinder that. dont wanna be running her dry. plus you can get the benefit of having bungs and **** pre welded in.

I am looking at the moroso myself, but it will be interesting to see what other people prefer and have had experience with.

If you put the word Turbo in your thread name it will probably get a few more responses
Old 02-28-2013, 01:01 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by I8UR4RD
i was considering this as well in my near future. Apparently the guys doing 1.3 1.2 and lower 60 foots say the oil all pushes to the back of the pan and causes a shortage to be available when taking off, and the aftermarket oil pans hinder that. dont wanna be running her dry. plus you can get the benefit of having bungs and **** pre welded in.

I am looking at the moroso myself, but it will be interesting to see what other people prefer and have had experience with.

If you put the word Turbo in your thread name it will probably get a few more responses
I know right?!?!?! I was thinking of editing the title and putting "free *******" to get some guys to come in. I know there are many guys that run in the range I am looking to run in.

The same info you posted is the exact same info I have been given. I even noticed SOME drop in oil pressure with the old nitrous set up. Being as engine oil is the life blood for the power adder AND the powerplant I really don't want to risk either one of the two, if indeed it is a risk. If there are many guys running stock pans then so be it. If it is a tremendous adavantage to me to run an aftermarket pan then I will do so.

I was looking into the Moroso pan also but found a lot of good feedback on the autokraft pan on Yellow Bullet and the autokraft pan is $400 compared to the almost $700 of the Moroso, the last time I priced it.

I know there are many others out there looking for the same info, maybe someone with some real world exprience will chime in and shed some light on the matter.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:45 PM
11 Second Club

Just incase anyone is wondering I found a thread that is talking about oil pans and their benefits/advantages. I figured more people than me or I8UR4RD would be wondering the same thing.

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...=553335&page=2

Quick Reply: Oil pan question