Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

By show of hands. Who has

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 09:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default By show of hands. Who has

The KYTP TC78 kit and has mounted their radiators vertical using part #25241-X-Griffin (radiator). I'm about to finish up the install and now I've ran into a snag with the UICP running into the water outlet. Just curious to see if and how you guys re-ran your UICP.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:31 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have that kit/rad and what exactly is UICP as I'm dumb. I'm guessing upper intercooler charge pipe?
Old 03-05-2013, 09:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by willizm
I have that kit/rad and what exactly is UICP as I'm dumb. I'm guessing upper intercooler charge pipe?
You are correct sir. Upper intercooler pipe. It seems that the lower water outlet on the radiator sits in the way of the pipe. I will re-mount my intercooler and the first section of the upper pipe with its 90 degree elbow coupler and see what's what. All I did was mount the second section to the throttle body for testing. Do you have any pics or can shed some light on what you did? It would be appreciated.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:04 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sweet_SS
You are correct sir. Upper intercooler pipe. It seems that the lower water outlet on the radiator sits in the way of the pipe. I will re-mount my intercooler and the first section of the upper pipe with its 90 degree elbow coupler and see what's what. All I did was mount the second section to the throttle body for testing. Do you have any pics or can shed some light on what you did? It would be appreciated.
Mine wraps around differently. It comes up through the hole where the battery sat so It doesn't go anywhere near the rad hoses. All his kits were one of units so no two kits are exactly the same. I'll put up a pic shortly. Do you have any pics of your setup?
Old 03-05-2013, 10:09 AM
9 Second Club

Old 03-05-2013, 10:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ya, that's way different than mine.

This is when Josh was building the kit.

This is from last night...test fitting a lower hose. I need the pipe to go in between the outlet and wastegate. It used to sit perfectly where the outlet is.

Here's how it sits now

Sorry for all the pics. Just trying to give an idea of my troubles.

Last edited by Sweet_SS; 03-05-2013 at 10:38 AM.

Quick Reply: By show of hands. Who has