Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Building a turbo LS advice..........

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 04:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Building a turbo LS advice..........

I've been reading on here and other sites for several months getting good information. Now its time to pull the trigger and get a motor for my project(s).

My questions are:
is there a big difference between the 6.0 and 5.3 in a turbo appilcation? I have access to several of each is why i ask. Also what yrs do you recommend

Benifits to twins over a single?

What heads can be swapped on to these motors for better performance, or port the stock heads? Also intake manifold suggestions??

I'm getting out of the diesel scene for awhile as i'm burned out and want to try a new hobby. I have a 4runner i'm looking at building a mudder out of with 1 tons and a turbo ls motor and the second is a foxbody mustang that needs a new power plant so i've chosen the ls platform for it as well. The car is getting started first then to the wheeler.

Looking for a solid 800+rwhp in both rigs so my ears are open thanks Again
Old 03-08-2013, 05:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Addicted4
I've been reading on here and other sites for several months getting good information. Now its time to pull the trigger and get a motor for my project(s).

My questions are:
is there a big difference between the 6.0 and 5.3 in a turbo appilcation? I have access to several of each is why i ask. Also what yrs do you recommend

Benifits to twins over a single?

What heads can be swapped on to these motors for better performance, or port the stock heads? Also intake manifold suggestions??

I'm getting out of the diesel scene for awhile as i'm burned out and want to try a new hobby. I have a 4runner i'm looking at building a mudder out of with 1 tons and a turbo ls motor and the second is a foxbody mustang that needs a new power plant so i've chosen the ls platform for it as well. The car is getting started first then to the wheeler.

Looking for a solid 800+rwhp in both rigs so my ears are open thanks Again
What fuel are you wanting to run? pump gas? pump gas with meth? e85?
Old 03-08-2013, 06:43 PM
Teching In

93 with meth or e85 no preference
Old 03-09-2013, 05:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

junkyard 5.3s are getting the job done and cheap.... s475 borg warner turbo... and e85 for that power level....
Old 03-09-2013, 10:33 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Addicted4
93 with meth or e85 no preference
what's your budget for the build?
Old 03-09-2013, 10:47 AM
Teching In

I dont really have a budget for the build, looking to do all my own fab work as i've built mounts for turbos in other rigs(diesel's) so thats covered. I might try to look at buying some used parts as well as new.

What intake manifold do you guys recommend and heads or head work?

Twin turbos or single? Would like it to come up on boost fairly smooth so i'm leaning torwards twins but if a single will work that would be fine with me. Also dont know a thing about tuning a gas motor so my ears are all open. Thanks for the replys and advice and i'll post pics of the car and motor as i get it

Quick Reply: Building a turbo LS advice..........