Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

What valve springs should I run???

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 10:03 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What valve springs should I run???

Some basics here...

Its a 98 stock longblock LS1. Im going to be throwing in a speed incorporated TU2 cam and Im unsure which valvesprings I should run.
Heres the cam specs for those who dont know.
TU2 236 236 .578 .578 112.5
The car does have a TTI turbo kit on it. The previous owner upgraded to a 70mm+ turbo.

I know the tu2 is a bit on the big side but its what ive chosen to go with.
I can get a good deal on the comp cams 928 springs but unsure if thats enough spring for what Im running. The car is currently on only 7lbs of boost due to the stock valvesprings. But I obviously plan on more and will be upping it once the supporting mods are in place. And for those who will say something, Yes Im going to be upgrading the lifters rods and oil pump when Im doing this as well as other parts Im sure.

So thoughts and suggestions for a valvespring for this setup?
Old 03-09-2013, 10:07 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First things first understand that any valvespring can break. The difference with duals is you have another. If your running an aftermarket head then you can contact the manufacturer and see what they prefer, as they will probably have some time invested in seat pressures and blah blah blah.

Brian Tooleys are a great & cost effective option

I personally chose PRC .675 EHT springs.

sure you may get away with singles now @ 7lbs but youll want more one day and you don't want to have to swap valvesprings over and over. my $0.02
Old 03-09-2013, 10:20 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by I8UR4RD
First things first understand that any valvespring can break. The difference with duals is you have another. If your running an aftermarket head then you can contact the manufacturer and see what they prefer, as they will probably have some time invested in seat pressures and blah blah blah.

Brian Tooleys are a great & cost effective option

I personally chose PRC .675 EHT springs.

sure you may get away with singles now @ 7lbs but youll want more one day and you don't want to have to swap valvesprings over and over. my $0.02
stock heads probably for a good while. Im not against spending a bit more to get better springs. Just trying to find out what a good set would be for this. Heard of Tooley before might look them up. Also Im at 7lbs now im and im bored so the boost will definitely get upped!

Quick Reply: What valve springs should I run???