Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

AEM truboost?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 01:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default AEM truboost?

Just wanted some personal experience, seems like a nice, easy to use setup to control boost? I am going to run Microsquirt for EFI so I just need a way to control boost on the street and at the track? LMK Thanks Clint
Old 03-15-2013, 08:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have heard alot of people say there are better things out there, but my experience with one was quite positive. I have personally used one of these and I was very happy with it. It was quite easy to install and It controlled my Buick gn powered 1963 chevyII wit a 68mm turbo flawlessly up to 30psi for two years without an issue. The setup was very simple. It had an A and B setting which let you quickly toggle between a couple of boost settings. Lastly it had a setting which kept the solenoid closed until a certain "setable boost" point lower than your actual boost. This allowed the turbo to spool quicker than a manual boost controller.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wanted to add to my previous post: if you wanted to run Co2 I do not believe it would work for you, and I forgot to add that it also had a wire that I tied to my trans brake. When the trans brake was on it had a settable boost for launching then when the trans brake was released it had a timer that you could set to hold the launch boost measured in seconds before returning to your A or B boost setting.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:18 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have one, it works pretty well.

Mike
Old 03-16-2013, 06:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like that's what I will be using to get started on my turbo setup to get started. Thanks for the replies.

Last edited by T/ALT1; 03-16-2013 at 07:09 PM.

Quick Reply: AEM truboost?