Welds look amazing! Very cool build
Old 03-23-2013, 09:33 AM

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

My cars always crank at 147 ish rpm

I know what you mean by synch error it happens in the microsquirt sometimes
Old 03-24-2013, 10:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was able to get it up and running, not quite driveable yet but really close. It's going to have to go on the back burner for a month or so. I need to do a build for a friend before I can waste more money on mine.

Old 03-24-2013, 10:52 PM
On The Tree

Old 03-25-2013, 01:44 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sick man! Whats that ticking noise? Sounds like an exhaust leak?
Old 03-25-2013, 02:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 148 Likes on 96 Posts

great build!

Hope to catch you at Sac or Infineon one night!
Old 03-25-2013, 08:11 AM
TECH Resident

What a cool build! It looks like there's a bunch of room in that engine bay too, is it an illusion?

Is your alternator down in 'Vette position? Also, do you think it would be possible to package A/C in there, or not?
Old 03-25-2013, 02:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Anti_Venom99
Sick man! Whats that ticking noise? Sounds like an exhaust leak?
I'm running subaru wrx injectors and my megasquirt only lets me fire them 4 at a time so make a lot of noise. It scared me when I first got it running, even the subaru guys complain about their loud injectors

Originally Posted by Tjabo
What a cool build! It looks like there's a bunch of room in that engine bay too, is it an illusion?

Is your alternator down in 'Vette position? Also, do you think it would be possible to package A/C in there, or not?

Yeah I'm running as civic alternator where the ac used to be, I'm sure you could run the ac, you would just have to run the alternator up high. The bay is decent sized but not huge, the strut towers make everything tight.

Originally Posted by gnx7
great build!

Hope to catch you at Sac or Infineon one night!
For sure, I cant wait to get this thing tuned up and down the track. I really don't want to ruin the car with a cage though so I don't think I will get many passes.
Old 03-30-2013, 02:33 AM
On The Tree

Took it for a quick drive tonight, no tuning, still on 91. Just wanted to make sure nothing fell off and see how it drove. It is so much quieter in the car now I can't believe it. Boost builds pretty quick, I can tell it's going to be fast.

Old 03-30-2013, 08:43 AM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That sounds awesome!
Old 04-07-2013, 01:34 PM
On The Tree

Got my walbro installed tonight and a -8 welded on the pump outlet. Going to run -8 through a bmw kjet filter (has 14mm threads on both sides) and up to the rail. I plan on welding an inlet on either side of the rail it the future but I think I'm just going to plumb it to the stock feed for now. I need to get some e85 in the car and get it into some boost, I can't wait any longer! I did put the 5 pound spring in the gate though so I dont get carried away.

I got my tranny coolers mounted today too. I wanted to get it out from in front of the radiator so I went rear mount. I doubled them up and may add fans in the future. I want to be able to endlessly beat on this car without having to worry about fluid temps. Of course I didn't buy enough hose so I didn't get to plumb it, which means no boost pulls yet.........

Old 04-07-2013, 03:52 PM
TECH Resident

First of all, I had to review this thread real quick, and I was struck by the awesomeness of this build all over again.

So, a question and a comment:

Question: What is your rear end suspension setup? It looks like some pretty cool stuff going on there.

Comment: Since the car is so quiet now, did you give any thought to running a 4" straight through oval body muffler and not really having to ever change it out for the straight pipe? Seems like there are a couple of decent options for that application.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Tjabo
First of all, I had to review this thread real quick, and I was struck by the awesomeness of this build all over again.

So, a question and a comment:

Question: What is your rear end suspension setup? It looks like some pretty cool stuff going on there.

Comment: Since the car is so quiet now, did you give any thought to running a 4" straight through oval body muffler and not really having to ever change it out for the straight pipe? Seems like there are a couple of decent options for that application.
Thanks man!

The rear is all stock except for the coil over sleeves I replaced the stock springs with. I just transferred all the stock brackets onto the ford rear end. I also made adjustable upper links so I could set pinion angle.

The 3" muffler was just reused from when it was non turbo. I thought about a 4" muffler but I didn't want to spend the coin. In my experience 4" mufflers don't muffle nearly as much as the same size in 3". I built a turbo setup for a friends srt8 jeep with a full 4" exhaust all the way to the bumper. It has 5' worth of mufflers on it now and I think my car is quieter.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:43 AM
On The Tree

Got it tuned pretty decent on 10 psi tonight. Unfortunately it blows right through the torque converter. It's still everything I thought it would be though! I can roll into it at 70 in 3rd and it still spins them pretty good. I'm only at 12 degrees of timing too so there should be a bunch of power left even at this boost level. I found some other issues though. My injectors are already at 100 percent so more fuel pressure is in order. Also my voltage is dropping down to 11.5 when doing long pulls, my guess is my civic alternator is starting to fail, possibly because i'm over-driving the crap out of it? Either way I'm excited as hell and this is definitely the best car I have built for the money!

Quick vid of a third gear pull, to 6200 rpm. I think I caught my friend off gaurd...

Old 04-16-2013, 06:09 PM
On The Tree

My dad passed away last year and he LOVED volvos, i'm thinking of doing a tribute car for him... A 240 wagon with a 370ci twin 70's th400 , mini tube, and a/c... A street strip car...

I love your build ... I'm sure my dad would have lived how clean your build quality is... Will be pming you soon with some questions if you don't mind.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:46 PM
On The Tree

What filler rod did you use on the hot side it looks great!
Old 04-16-2013, 08:26 PM
SSZ
TECH Fanatic

I noticed that you used ford coil packs for ignition. Neat idea. Question about the valve covers, i dont see any coil bracket bosses on the covers, did you cut them off and smooth the area where the boss was? Also, are the hoses coming out of the valve covers going to a catch can? Neat build man.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by black05stxjt
What filler rod did you use on the hot side it looks great!
308, I actually use 308 mig wire as my local shop only stocks 1/16 and I prefer .030-.040.

Originally Posted by SSZ
I noticed that you used ford coil packs for ignition. Neat idea. Question about the valve covers, i dont see any coil bracket bosses on the covers, did you cut them off and smooth the area where the boss was? Also, are the hoses coming out of the valve covers going to a catch can? Neat build man.
Yeah just ground off and welded the coil pack mounts. Breather goes to a catch can I made, just a simple box with a few baffles to seperate oil/air. Never really gets any oil in it though.

Quick Reply: Volvo 242, lq4, gt45, th400, 8.8