Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Magnacharger questions

Old 03-21-2013, 12:27 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Magnacharger questions

I'm getting a magnacharger soon for my Camaro and had a few questions. I know that not a ton of people run these but I'm hoping for a little luck.

The kit I'm getting doesn't have the k member spacers, does anyone know the ID, OD, and width of them so I can make my own? I'm assuming there are no trans crossmember spacers otherwise the shifter would sink into the center console. Also, can I use the stock K member bolts or do I need longer ones and if so, what is the proper length, size, and pitch?

I have a non tcs car so my throttle cable is non adjustable. Judging by how far forward the TB seems to sit, I am a little worried. Will this be an issue? If it is, is there any possibility of using a TCS equipped throttle cable?

I know heat soak is a big issue and obviously the core for the motor can't be swapped but would swapping to a higher capacity FMHE be more efficient than using the radiator that is supplied with the maggie kit? Or is the bottleneck already in the core under the blower.

I'm figuring on getting a GT2-3 cam since everyone says those seem to be the tried and true cams for maggie kit, is there any better options out there that will net me better power?

I'm running a 12 bolt with 4:11's right now, will this be overkill? I'm a bit concerned about that and kind of want to drop to a 373 maybe.

What plugs and gap should I be running?

Lastly, assuming all looks good, what kind of power should I be making with the maggie on a 2.8 pulley, 317 heads, gt2-3 cam, 1 3/4 header, through a t56 with 4:11's out back and where could I improve to safely make more power. Thanks
Old 03-22-2013, 10:00 AM
Launching!

Bumping this for anyone with input
Old 03-22-2013, 05:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Guess your buying Chris's unit that I decided to pass on. Kits limited power wise and turns into a furnace if you spin it to hard...from the research I did on the Vette forums that blower likes compression so you'd probably be better run 243's instead. It brings a lot of torque on quick so 411's might be overkill....The GT2-3 seems like the cam to go w/...Id recommend going w/ bigger lid, maf , tb, heard some nice improvements w/ uping there size....also #60 pd injectors ....

Last edited by MonmouthCtyLS7; 03-22-2013 at 05:56 PM.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:06 PM
Launching!

Yeah, I bought it last night. I've been eyeing this kit since the guy that chris bought it from put it up for sale. I miss driving a car with a roots charger on it and since I was going cam only before, the roots setup will be more than I was looking to make anyway. I'm looking at getting 60 lb injectors, and was a little concerned 317's would drop compression too low for this setup.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:11 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If you don't make the power you want. atleast you get to listen to that badass whine!
Old 03-22-2013, 08:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

If u don't get bored quick then you should enjoy it. I couldnt justify buying a blower and seeing maybe 550 to the rear max. Again good luck, a lot if guys like the 112.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Once you hit 500 your about done. IF you can make more then that itll be a heat pump at that point. The 112 is used a lot on the first gen ctsvs and I almost bought one myself. Its great if you will be happy from 450-500.

I would also advise against 317s because dropping the compression will require more air that the 112 wont be able to put out.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Magnacharger questions