Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

rear mount turbo setup

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 10:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear mount turbo setup

I am looking for answers and cant seem to get a consistent one.... so I apologize to those on CF i am broadening my knowledge base. I am starting a turbo build on my 04 LS1 vette. my goals are to have a daily driver that performs and not destroy my engine. I am not making a track car I just want my DD to go faster and not have to change internals. So I have a two Precision SC61 turbos t4 ar .70/.81. 50mm BOV and 44mmWG. I used them on a SRT10 and was delightful. I tried to sell them to get a single 70+mm turbo but have not had any luck. So i want try and use what I have. The issue I have been told would be if I ran one of these back pressure is an issue, because I have a .81 exhaust housing. I only plan on running 4-7# boost so will this be an issue for my goals? if so how can I make it work and not have reversion? IF I do a single at low # will I ruin my engine? In other words how can I optimize this turbo to work for me ie. piping, wastegate(s) etc. even if it makes around 500RWHP thats fine. the other option is I use both but then I was told it would never spool. So given that is there a way to make both work efficiently? ie pipe sizing, more #boost, etc? I am limited on my turbo knowledge so bear with me.

http://www.nolimitmotorsport.com/prod/400-1475

Quick Reply: rear mount turbo setup