I have Camaro f-body I want to start new project

I have ls2 with ms3 cam

I want start turbo project I do not want to cancel my a/c

For now I have Borg Warner s475 T6

46mm precision wastegate
Tial bov
60lb injactor
This what I have for now

Now what manifold most I use to work my a/c??

And what the best cam for me ??

Do I have to use 317 heads?
Old 04-06-2013, 02:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

If you have to ask those questions then I would advise to not turbo your car anytime soon, stick around and research your butt off on combo's and then see what you have that you can sell and try and piece a kit together...
Old 04-07-2013, 05:14 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just want my a/c work
Old 04-07-2013, 06:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if your serious about getting it done, call Huron Speed

(810)841-6565
Old 04-07-2013, 10:01 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Burken01
If you have to ask those questions then I would advise to not turbo your car anytime soon, stick around and research your butt off on combo's and then see what you have that you can sell and try and piece a kit together...
Well that wasn't very helpful, now was it. Sounds to me like he's DOING his research by asking these questions.

Gotta love responses like this. Bunch of words.... but literally no help.

Sahwan,

To answer your questions:

Now what manifold most I use to work my a/c??
Like I8UR4RD mentioned, you can check with Huron Speed. They now make a kit so you can keep your A/C. Here's a link to their Turbo Kits Page.
http://www.shop.huronspeedproducts.c...acturbokit.htm
They may be able to work with you on the turbo you already have.

You also have the option of going with a custom rear mount setup, however that will be a little tight with the BW S475. It does however allow you to keep AC easily.

And what the best cam for me ??
The best cam for you will depend on your hp goals. There are a lot of great cams out there. For example Speed Inc TU1/TU2, or get with LilJohn on here or Martin@Tick Performance to have something spec'd for you. They'll likely need a little more info about your build and or hp desires (i.e. Stock bottom end? Compression Ratio? Heads been reworked? Springs? etc.)

Do I have to use 317 heads?
No, you don't have to. The ls2 stock with 243 heads is 10:9:1. The ls3 with stock 821 heads is 10:7:1. A ls2 with ls3 heads will drop down to 10:4:1 due to the 70cc chambers in the ls3 heads.
Many people say you HAVE to drop your compression ratio down to 8.5-9.5 to run turbo. That's not true. With today's technology and tuning ability (assuming you get a good tuner), you can retain the stock compression ratio of 10.9:1. Retaining the stock CR will make the safe tuning window a little tighter for your tuner, however the benefit is that you can get more power per PSI (run 10 psi instead of 14 psi for the same results, for example, depending on many other factors of course like cam choice, ported heads, valve in your heads, etc) and will have more response when out of boost (Running normally aspirated). If you have the availability of E85, you should consider running it as it's Anti-knock properties are great on higher compression motors. At a minimum I would run an intercooler and a methanol / water injection system to reduce intake air temps and reduce the risk of detonation.

Again, if you're looking for a front mount setup and you don't have the fabrication skills yourself, you should get in touch with Huron Speed. Their customer service is outstanding.

Hope some of this was helpful.

Good luck with the project and keep us posted.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nitrous !
Old 04-07-2013, 05:11 PM
TECH Addict

@HRHohio

it wasnt a bad response, I think when it comes to FI that they need to understand what they are getting themself into...

I see alot of people buying turbo kits and then a week later put them up for sale because they didnt realize what a build like that consist of... Its obvious he doesnt know what hes getting himself into and needs to do some research, instead of getting a "get this" or "buy this" part to make a turbo kit up...
Old 04-07-2013, 07:06 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Burken01
@HRHohio

it wasnt a bad response, I think when it comes to FI that they need to understand what they are getting themself into...

I see alot of people buying turbo kits and then a week later put them up for sale because they didnt realize what a build like that consist of... Its obvious he doesnt know what hes getting himself into and needs to do some research, instead of getting a "get this" or "buy this" part to make a turbo kit up...
I hear ya dude, so why not help him out by letting him know what he is getting into. That's all I'm saying. The dude is asking for help on STARTING a new project. How about throwing him a bone and helping him understand what he needs instead of saying "don't do it until you know what your'e doing."

Help fill in some gaps for the dude like fuel pumps, fuel injectors, methanol injection systems, intercoolers, whatever... hell throw him a link or something. Ask him what he wants to do with his setup. It's obvious he needs to know more, so help him out. That's what this forum's supposed to be about. The search function sucks on here so if a more experienced person knows something, we should be putting it out there. You don't have to repeat the same info, just post a link and say, "Read this" or "Call this person", etc.

Sorry if I came across shitty, but it's frustrating when I see someone ask for help and the first response is something that doesn't help him move forward. I'm sure you didn't mean anything by it. My bad.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:26 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by HRHohio
I hear ya dude, so why not help him out by letting him know what he is getting into. That's all I'm saying. The dude is asking for help on STARTING a new project. How about throwing him a bone and helping him understand what he needs instead of saying "don't do it until you know what your'e doing."

Help fill in some gaps for the dude like fuel pumps, fuel injectors, methanol injection systems, intercoolers, whatever... hell throw him a link or something. Ask him what he wants to do with his setup. It's obvious he needs to know more, so help him out. That's what this forum's supposed to be about. The search function sucks on here so if a more experienced person knows something, we should be putting it out there. You don't have to repeat the same info, just post a link and say, "Read this" or "Call this person", etc.

Sorry if I came across shitty, but it's frustrating when I see someone ask for help and the first response is something that doesn't help him move forward. I'm sure you didn't mean anything by it. My bad.
No your right, let me clear it up...

OP, my first advice is to read the turbo stickies on the diffrent types of setups and the costs it takes to get there....

its a big project with alot of down time chasing parts, I recommend getting a beater daily driver while you build your car...

huron speed has complete kits minus a few odds and ends you will need, or you can fab up your own kit if you know how to weld... My kit is a c6/truck manifold kit fabbed up around a BMR turbo k member to allow the AC to stay put..
Old 04-07-2013, 07:29 PM
TECH Addict

I would sell the MS3 cam and get a boost friendly cam, I got the Tu1 cam from speedinc... but I also looked at The "tick" performance turbo cam...

If your ls2 is stock you can keep it that way and run decent amount of boost on a stock engine with a good tune... 317 heads will lower your CR enough where you can run higher boost on pump gas... but stock CR 10-1 you can run E85 which is a good option and had I known more about it at the time, I would of went this route..

its next on my list
Old 04-08-2013, 03:12 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

we could sell you a kit that retains a/c! it would require you to buy a turbo style k member.

i will shoot you a pm with some more details!

-Casey

YOUR SOURCE FOR ALL THINGS TURBO!
CASEY@HURONSPEED.COM
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
TWITTER @HURONSPEED
Old 04-09-2013, 10:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Research and look at other cars .Huron speed makes a good kit. gotta buy a kmember though if you want ac.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:26 AM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

A good camshaft for a S475 T6 BW turbo that has a 96mm turbine wheel, 9.5:1 or higher CR, LS6 intake and an automatic trans would be my LS3 Stage 2 turbo cam. It is 234/237 .61x"/.61x" 115+4. If this is a M6 the cam would change and if the intake manifold used is not a LS6 the cam would also need to change.

I would need to know:
Race weight
Intake manifold used
CR
rear gear ratio
cylinder head used
transmission being used
turbine wheel size in MM

There are many other parameters I would need to know, but those are the most basic.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Martin@Tick is the man, listen to his advice.... I also think you can use a c6 manifold on the passenger side to keep your ac... But tuebo kmember is a must if you go that way... Stuff just to tight...
Old 04-13-2013, 09:18 AM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Sounds like the guys got you pointed in the right direction with a tubular k, Huron kit, new cam, and compression around 10 to 1. Be aware that the downpipe needs to go out the drivers side and its pretty tight in there and the alternator will need to be relocated up top passenger side. The radiator will also have to be stood up and brackets fabbed.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:05 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for all

I got a lot of interest

Quick Reply: I have Camaro f-body I want to start new project