Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Rear mount and headers ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 08:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear mount and headers ?

So after researching I know everyone says it better to run stock exhaust with a rear mount. I already have long tubes and a 3" ofy and would really like to keep everything "as is". I'm wondering how bad lag would be if I kept the long tubes and wrapped everything front to back. Turbo would be appropriately sized and engine would a a cam specific for rear mount turbo.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Still gonna want swap those out and downsize your pipes all the way back.

From the research and testing others have done on here and many other sites it really makes or breaks the setup. It will be a dog with a 3inch pipe going to the turbo.

From what I have seen 2 1/4 from eachmanifold into a single 2.5 inch back to the turbo will help spool noticably.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have long tubes on on my caddy (coated and wraped) and they work great with no lag at all.
There is a lot of miss infomation/old school thinking on here.

Long tubes flow better period. Thats going to work out better on any setup. Thats all u need to know
Old 04-18-2013, 08:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

If you do it, reduce the size to 2.5 with a nice transition after the y, then down to 2.25 near the axle, then jamb the pipe through the turbo flange into the turbine as far as possible. You at least want to keep the velocity up as the gases cool. Wrap the pipes going back.

Quick Reply: Rear mount and headers ?