Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

New engine and have service light on need help

Old 05-03-2013, 05:13 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New engine and have service light on need help

So I just put a lq4 forged w/ f1 procharger (ls1edit) i have about 500 miles on it and I got a service engine/ soon light. I'm goin to get it up tonight and check all fluids but all oil and coollent and stuff looks good from top is there a reader that I can get to Check codes or any ideas where to start?

Thanks
Old 05-03-2013, 05:20 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I know autozone or any car 'parts' store will usually read your car for free.

I'm just surprised that someone with a forged motor and an F1 blower doesn't have at least some type of diagnostic equipment or a scan tool.

Honestly, it could be anything, but once you figure out the code, it will make it easier to figure out what's wrong.

Last edited by The Alchemist; 05-03-2013 at 05:26 PM.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:59 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
I know autozone or any car 'parts' store will usually read your car for free.

I'm just surprised that someone with a forged motor and an F1 blower doesn't have at least some type of diagnostic equipment or a scan tool.

Honestly, it could be anything, but once you figure out the code, it will make it easier to figure out what's wrong.
This is what I was thinking. Well more like how do you have all that but don't know where to go for that.

Could be a bunch of different things though. Without a code no telling even then its a guess somewhat (from the internet).
Old 05-03-2013, 08:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you have an android phone or an android table you can download a free app called Torque: www.torque-bhp.com

Then get an OBD2 Bluetooth Dongle ( http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...lm327&_sacat=0 ) and you can scan your own codes as well as all the features of the Torque program. It's a pretty sweet program.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:10 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ thanks man see that's more of what I was looking for, but thanks to all tha replied. Like I said I just built this car so no I don't have all the toys to go w/ it yet haha I know I should get something to read codes kinda why I'm asking. I know it's impossible for someone to tell me what's wrong just saying that's there's a check engine light on.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New engine and have service light on need help