Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Which turbo and cam?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 01:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which turbo and cam?

Let me start by saying I am fairly new to turbo set ups. I have experience with superchargers, nitrous, and ls motors but I've never done a turbo. Been doing a lot of reading and still unsure what size turbo and cam to run. I don't really have a hp goal or boost in mind seeing as I'm not sure what to expect as far as gains. If I had to pick I would say I'm shooting for between 450-500. The setup i have so far is 5.3 from 2001 suburban headed to machine shop for freshening up. Stock heads with dual springs, ect, edelbrock pro flo with 90mm tb, 4l65 with 3200 stall, and posi rear with 3.42. I will be running truck manifold setup and fab myself just not sure what size turbo and which cam. Any suggestion would be appreciated!
Old 06-03-2013, 09:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If that's all you're looking for, you can easily do that with a stock cam and a gt45 turbo for a super cheap setup. Otherwise, a gt45 with a custom cam.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jridenour31
If that's all you're looking for, you can easily do that with a stock cam and a gt45 turbo for a super cheap setup. Otherwise, a gt45 with a custom cam.
Thank you for your response. The more I read and the more I search the more obvious it becomes that I'd be wasting my time shooting so low. So in gonna go ahead and get the forged internals and see if I can't make some serious numbers. I'd rather do it big once rather than not be happy but for only a few months.

Quick Reply: Which turbo and cam?