Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Custom STS Commodore LS1 to LS3 Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 07:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Custom STS Commodore LS1 to LS3 Conversion

Hi Guys

Rather than forge/build up my faithful LS1 that is still doing great at 450rwhp (on 5lb wastegate spring) and returns up to 26mpg, I've decided to retro fit a Gen IV motor. So I got myself a 2013 out of a Camaro that got rear ended right off the showroom.

I've tried to do my research but would appreciate input if I'm on wrong track.

To convert the LS3 to run in my car I believe I need:

- To swap crank trigger out from 58 tooth to 24?
- Fit ARP rod bolts while the motor is upside down
- Get loom extended to fit the LS1 ECU
- Change throttle body to a cable TB (I was told to go FAST 92 as they are excellent at response and part throttle plus do not stick like some do on boost)
- A bracket to connect TB to LS3 intake

Motor will unlikely see more than 10lb boost so did not think I'd need bigger springs or pushrods if I keep rpm under 6500 and shift at 6200? Am I right?

Hoping to get near 500rwhp on 5lb spring (6.5psi) then have a second tune that is boost by gear to see around 600rwhp.

Turbo is a custom STS rear mount with ball bearing upgraded T4 based single and I run the STS water/meth via 2 upgraded nozzles. Fuel is via Bosch 044 and surge tank but I may put the 044 into the tank and get a Fuel Lab pump for more capacity.

Injectors - either stock (not sure how far they'll go on boost) or I have 50lb EV14 LS1 type that could be custom fitted by raising the fuel rail and getting the angles right.

Sure I'd like ID725's but not sure I need to spend that coin at this power level.

Thoughts guys? or have I forgotten something?

thanks

Quick Reply: Custom STS Commodore LS1 to LS3 Conversion